Spyder Garage

Default Bead rider attachment

Tried a beadrider on my 2012 RT yesterday and it helped, but was wondering how others have attached it. It comes with good size bungee hooks, but they looked like it would damage the seat. Any brilliant answers out there. Ages ago I bought a bag for an old dirt bike that came with padded and adhesive backed u shaped clips that attached to the seat and I've searched for something similar, but came up empty.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

When using seat covers, (sheepskin, Airhawk), I have always just sat them on the seat with no attachments. Never had a problem with them sliding around or feeling lose. Close to 200 # will do that. Another upside, they come off quickly for storage if you do not want to leave them in the open for thieving hands.

Sorry, no beadrider experience though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I use an airhawk or sheepskin on looong days out. I simply lay the cover on and wrap 2 flat bungee straps around the entire seat & cover. Easy on/off and never lost one.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I just sat on it for the ride and it stayed in place, but slid off when I got off to get gas. Thought maybe there was a better way to keep it in place.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    Thanks, I just sat on it for the ride and it stayed in place, but slid off when I got off to get gas. Thought maybe there was a better way to keep it in place.
    Wrap 2 elastic straps - 1 up front & 1 near back. It may shift a tad getting off but a simple adjust and good to go.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

If you have a back rest I just put the strap around the back rest

Spyder Garage

Paracord or small Velcro instead of bungee Least what was able to use for seat cover I use IMG_1863.jpg came with some maybe 1/2inch wide Velcro straps, just loops to itself under the seat without obstructions or issues quite ez to lift & dry underneath if overnight rain at hotel

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights