Spyder Garage

Default difference in passenger comfort coming from TriGlide to Spyder

Who has made this switch and what does your passenger have to say about the change? Wife is concerned about the single tire in
    the back as far as ride quality. Looking at a 2018 F3 Limited

Thx
    Rick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    Who has made this switch and what does your passenger have to say about the change? Wife is concerned about the single tire in
    the back as far as ride quality. Looking at a 2018 F3 Limited

Thx
    Rick
    As far as the Tri-glide or the GW conversions and comfort is concerned the Spyder is waaaaay more comfortable .... whether there are two rear wheels or just one has nothing to do with how the rear end feels ..... IMHO after owning dozens of bikes from Crotch Rockets to full Touring machines, I think the Spyders have the best ride .... for driver and passengers ..... I think Auto tires at the proper PSI's are way better than the Kenda's as far as comfort goes ..... also traction is way better ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

My rider liked the HD but loooves the Spyder! Especially the heated seat and grips! Likes the armrests also.

Spyder Garage

Test ride is the best way to answer this question. Everything else is just opinion from someone who doesn't have to live with the choice you make.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Test ride is the best way to answer this question. Everything else is just opinion from someone who doesn't have to live with the choice you make.
    At least go to a dealer and sit on them Both the F3L and the RTL they are different for the passenger.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I know 2 uppers have fallen asleep on Spyders and GW's, has that every occurred on a HD two or three wheeler?
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

issue is not between the RTL and the F3L, but between the F3L and the HD TriGlide.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

IMO you still need to take the bride for a good, long test ride. Happy wife...etc.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    issue is not between the RTL and the F3L, but between the F3L and the HD TriGlide.
    What I was trying to say is if you are looking at moving from an HD TriGlide to a Spyder and Passenger comfort is a big concern you should look at both Spyder models F3L and RTL because there have been many discussions about passenger comfort being better on the RTL. Never hurts to look with your passenger before you buy; Both are very good machines. From the the operators side maybe the F3L is better suited.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have switched and will never go back most likely.

I dont hear her groaning on the back anymore since we switched to a Spyder. Every bump on the Tri was jarring.

In fact I thinking at some point switching to a Slingshot or Vanderhall. ����

We did the test drive before we even talked numbers. So make sure you both do a long test ride to be sure its for you. The SE6 I really liked too. No more hand clutch.

Now keep in mind we went with the RT Limited. Much closer to the Triglide for touring. But much better in comfort and heat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I took two long test rides on each. A TriGlide and an RTS-SE6. The wife felt safer and more comfortable both mounting and dismounting as well as riding the RTS. I could have gone either way, but, it was her money too. So guess what? The first two new owner impressions were better control and stopping distance. The RTS had twice the front patch on the pavement as the TriGlide, and it was 10K+ less expensive than the TriGlide. My friend bought the TriGlide and it sat in his garage for well over six months while he and another HD owner battled HD in court over the engine oil transfer problem on their trikes.

Spyder Garage

Spyder is way more comfortable especially if you get a bike with the air ride. Tri-Glide solid axle beats the crap out of the passenger, and even if you invest thousands of $$ in upgrading the Tri-Glide rear suspension it is still no match for the Spyder. My wife ends up falling asleep on long rides which makes for a really nice ride for me.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I know 2 uppers have fallen asleep on Spyders and GW's, has that every occurred on a HD two or three wheeler?
    Yes, from experience, I know the back seat will/can nod off while on an H-D. I suspect it was just a dig at the MoCo without any real experience.

That said, the Spyder set up for two-up riding, is a lot more pleasant than a trike like the H-D with a solid rear axle.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

I have both a F3L for 2019 and 2020.

2010 the first year of the TG and the RT, I went to the HD dealer and test sat the TG. The ergos were way off for me as well as the comfort level. When they started the thing up, I said WOW, and that was not because it was good. I ran to the Spyder dealer and bought an RT.

Never got to the test ride on the TG. Comments from many say stiff, uncomfortable on bumpy roads, and difficult to drive. I have had both RT's and F3's. Compared to TG, you are going to find a more plush ride, with no difficulties riding many miles.

Test drive to see how YOU feel about it. That is what counts.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red