Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoei Neotech 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Does the Shoei Neotech2 Helmet go on sale ........discounted from its $699 price tag. I’ve been monitoring Revzilla for months, nothing changes.
    When I purchased my Neotec2 in November 2019 at the Progressive motorcycle show I got a nice discount , think it was 15% (would have to check)

They also installed the SLR2 and removed a cheek pad that made it more comfortable. Was hoping the color was going to match my new spyder, and it comes pretty close if I may say so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Glenngo,

Quote Originally Posted by Glenngo View Post
    I have available the Sena SRL for sale. I only used it about 5 days of riding. Turns out the group I ride with is exclusively Cardo so I have switched. Rvzilla is new for $300. I'll let mine go for $150.

What is the difference in the SRL and SRL2? I might be interested in adding bluetooth now that I'm a little more comfortable riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Glenngo,
    What is the difference in the SRL and SRL2? I might be interested in adding bluetooth now that I'm a little more comfortable riding.
    I'm not Glenngo but I can answer the question as I have both and had to do a bit of research when I bought mine.

The ONLY difference between the (2) is the microphone.

The original SRL comes ONLY with a hardwired boom mike and was designed for the Neotec 2. There are hard plastic molded areas over the EPS in the helmet made specifically for the speakers/wires on the SRL. When Shoei came out with the GT-Air 2 (the full face companion to the modular Neotec 2 and 3/4 J-Cruise 2), the SRL 2 debuted. Since a full face helmet doesn't use a boom mike but only a stick on mike, SENA changed the microphone (or more specifically, added a stick on mike in addition to the boom mike). The SRL 2 comes with both a boom mike and a stick on mike. Here's the ONLY difference between the SRL and SRL 2. There's a small connector between the right speaker and the mike. You plug in whichever mike you need to use. Because of this, newer Neotec 2's have the molded plastic over the EPS formed slightly differently to accomodate the plug. This modification is ONLY in the small spot needed to accomodate the plug.

EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE SRL AND SRL 2 ARE IDENTICAL. One is NOT superior to the other. If you have an "older" Neotec 2, you CAN modify the hard plastic liner (over the EPS) by cutting out an area approximately 1/2" x 1/2". You do not cut into the EPS and this will NOT affect the structural integrity of the helmet.

I have an "older" Neotec 2 and have the SRL 2 installed in it.

Spyder Garage

Awesome. That's good to know. I started looking, but didn't see any differences other than what you mentioned. Thanks Monk!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Awesome. That's good to know. I started looking, but didn't see any differences other than what you mentioned. Thanks Monk!
    You're welcome. As I noted, the ONLY difference (and I'm just mentioning this again as most people don't tend to read posts thoroughly) is that little connection/plug on the SRL 2 to accomodate the stick on mike. If you have an "older" Neotec 2 and end up with an SRL 2, PM me and I'll shoot you a pic of the tiny change I made in the plastic cover over the EPS.

On a side note, I purchased both a Neotec 2 and SRL when I got my current RT (@ $1000 retail, I wanted to finance them). I honestly think the dealers SRL distributor is a theif as I'm 99% sure they're sending the dealer used/returned units. The box mine came in wasn't shrink wrapped, the unit had multiple scratches and most importantly, the mike didn't work. I fiddled around with it (after it was installed, of course ) and couldn't get it to work. The dealer had a few SRL 2s sitting on the shelf (nicely shrink wrapped) so they gave me one of those. If SENA won't warrant the original SRL, I'll stick it in my future J-Cruise 2 as the BT and speakers work. I'll just use the finger controls to change the volume and track since I can't use voice controls. Screw 'em if they want to "stick it to me".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Does the Shoei NeotecII Helmet go on sale ........discounted from its $699 price tag. I’ve been monitoring Revzilla for months, nothing changes.
    Going through some paperwork today found my NeotechII receipt from the motorcycle show was $559 so I received 20% off of the $699 retail price

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Glenngo View Post
    I have available the Sena SRL for sale. I only used it about 5 days of riding. Turns out the group I ride with is exclusively Cardo so I have switched. Rvzilla is new for $300. I'll let mine go for $150.
    I sent pm about the SRL
    Bob

Spyder Garage

I had an older Arai helmet that I loved, but was starting to fall apart. I purchased a Shoei GT AirII aprox $600. The I tried it on it squeezed my cheeks pretty hard. (chipmunk look) Tried it for a couple short rides and called to check on smaller cheek pads. They were another $50 and out of stock. So I sent the helmet back and purchased a Bell Qualifer for about $300. It even had the transition shield. It did fit better and smaller pads were only $20 if needed. It also had a better safety rating, because no flip down sun visor. I installed my Cardo Freedom 4 and so far I'm happy with the helmet and the price. I don't get a modular because I usually only wear a helmet in cold or rainy weather or when traveling in another state that has helmet laws. i guess sometimes you just don't need a Cadillac.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red