Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoei Neotech 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question Shoei Neotech 2

Does the Shoei Neotech2 Helmet go on sale ........discounted from its $699 price tag. I’ve been monitoring Revzilla for months, nothing changes.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love Shoei helmets, bought the first modular they came out with back in the 80"s, I believe. But to me they've priced themselves out of my
    reach. Schuberth has done the same IMO. Although Schuberth does run their helmets on sale occasionally, I don't know that I've ever
    seen the Shoei modular helmets at a reasonable price, unless they're clearing out old stock to make room for a new model.

If your desire to have a Shoei isn't set in concrete, check out the Nolan N100-5, I switched to the Nolan from Schuberth and Shoei, and
    couldn't be happier. Lighter, quieter, excellent ventilation, and flip down sun shield. Just a thought. And save $300-$400 to boot. Win, win.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Also check out the LS2 Valiant II. I just purchased a couple of these and love it. One for me and one for my co-pilot.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Depending on head shape you may want to look at Klim & HJC modulars. Neotec 2 is a good lid but not any safer or quieter than HJC, Klim, or Nolan. Shoei is over-priced IMHO.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I bought a discounted 1 from Cycle Gear back in November. I think that was more from striking conversation with the manager though. He gave 10% off since I had proof of completing the MSF course. Not sure if that is something they do at all locations or if he was just helping out a newbie lol.
    1 thing you can do though is sign up on cyclegear.com to get 10% off of your 1st purchase. It won't be as nice as discount as the the helmets mentioned in the posts above, but it will drop the Shoei down by almost $70.
    I'm guessing if you've never purchased from Revzilla, you can try to do something similar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Also check out the LS2 Valiant II. I just purchased a couple of these and love it. One for me and one for my co-pilot.
    Really liking mine too
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Really liking mine too
    Love it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got a Shoei Neotec 2 and absolutely love it. Not as much summertime ventilation as I'd like but I'll get over that. My story: I've purchased probably 100 different helmets in the 40+ years I've been riding. Cheap helmets, expensive helmets, plastic bowls that would do absolutely nothing, etc. NONE of them fit my head without some "adjustments". I bought a Shoei J-Cruise (1st gen) last summer as it was on sale. Figured I'd give it a whirl. Straight out of the box, it fit PERFECTLY. I ride year 'round and wanted a modular helmet for late fall/winter/early spring (I'm claustrophobic so I don't do full face lids). I got a good deal on the Neotec 2 when I bought my RT a few months ago. Just like the J-Cruise, it fit perfectly out of the box. I didn't buy it because it was quiet (although it is reasonably quiet compared to most other lids) nor for the status of owning a "premium" helmet. I only bought it hoping it would fit perfectly and get rid of the forehead discomfort I've had on most of my other lids. Actually, "discomfort" isn't the right word. Screaming pain after about 40 miles was more like it. With my last modular, I rode with Woodaddict and spent most of the trip pushing the rear of the lid forward to ease the pressure/pain on my forehead. I have since then "adjusted" it slightly so it's much better but still doesn't fit like the Neotec 2. I like my original J-Cruise but speakers rub my ears until they hurt (one of the common complaints). I think I'm going to try to sell the other (3) lids I've got and put that money towards a J-Cruise 2 this summer. Like I said earlier, I just don't think the Neotec 2 has enough ventilation to suit me.

Back to the original question, the Neotec 2 will go on sale once the Neotec 3 comes out (assuming it does). Being a premium lid, I don't expect much of a discount anywhere until then. Also keep in mind, Revzilla price matches. I bought the "old" HJC RPHA Max (predecessor to the current RPHA 90) when it first came out. Revzilla had it @ ~$600 as did everyone else. I found it ONE place for around $350 (and I think it was a typo). I showed the online ad to Revzilla and that's what I bought the RPHA Max for @ Revzilla.

Spyder Garage

++++ on the HJC RPHA Max! Best lid I ever had. I've owned 2 but they're not available anymore. I now use the HJC RPHA 90 (thrown into last Tiger purchase) or the Klim (very light) lids. Neotec 2 has been around fairly long so maybe there is a 3 coming.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default I really like the LS2 Valiant II also. The bar goes all the way back so no wind prob

Really liking mine too
    I like the Valiant II from LS2. The chin bar goes all the way back 180 degrees, so no wind issues with it.

Spyder Garage

I bought mine in person from Chaparrel and was able to get some discount, but the best prices I've seen are at the Progressive Motorcycle Shows. If you ride a lot, it's worth the cost to have the right helmet.

My wife bought a Shark EVO One 2, which I may like even better than my own. Still pricey, but less.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    My wife bought a Shark EVO One 2, which I may like even better than my own. Still pricey, but less.
    I considered the Shark EVO One 2 then I found out that you could not purchase a replacement face shield if needed. I did like some of the colors though.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    ++++ on the HJC RPHA Max! Best lid I ever had. I've owned 2 but they're not available anymore. I now use the HJC RPHA 90 (thrown into last Tiger purchase) or the Klim (very light) lids. Neotec 2 has been around fairly long so maybe there is a 3 coming.
    The RPHA Max fit me very well. I would have kept it but it didn't have speaker cutouts and I use a BT comm (for music, mostly) all the time. I didn't want to cut into the EPS that much. Generally, fit from one vendors helmet to another helmet is the same. Not in this case as the 90 didn't fit ME well at all. Had I been able to add speakers to the Max, I would have kept it.

Spyder Garage

I bought mine from Motocard at a significant discount 2 years ago. right now the white is only $618.80.
    Capture.jpg
    2018 Spyder RT Limited , Champagne Metalic

Spyder Garage

I have available the Sena SRL for sale. I only used it about 5 days of riding. Turns out the group I ride with is exclusively Cardo so I have switched. Rvzilla is new for $300. I'll let mine go for $150. SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Glenngo View Post
    I have available the Sena SRL for sale. I only used it about 5 days of riding. Turns out the group I ride with is exclusively Cardo so I have switched. Rvzilla is new for $300. I'll let mine go for $150.
    I don't need it as I have an SRL and an SRL2 but damn. That's a good deal. Which one is it? (For those that don't know, you CAN use the SRL2 on the early Neotec 2 with a very simple modification.)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought mine from Motocard at a significant discount 2 years ago. right now the white is only $618.80.
    Capture.jpg
    Super deal, there. They seem to run at full price ($700) pretty much everywhere. Nice find. My Neotec 2 is my first white helmet. I think matte black looks the best but if you live anywhere in the south, you need the lightest color you can find so you don't bake your noodle. If I get a J-Cruise 2 in the spring, it'll be white, aswell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Capture.jpg
    "Only" $618? LOL It says they can't ship the cheaper Neotech to the US, or rather it's not available from them in the US.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

https://www.motostorm.it/en/modular-helmets/shoei.html

Make sure to go to upper right corner to convert to USD. I've ordered luggage from them several times. Just remember, helmets from Europe(Motocard included), are ECE rated. But, Europe sure gets a lot of neat colorways

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Default +1 for the LS2 Valiant II !!

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Really liking mine too
    Quote Originally Posted by NF0N View Post
    I like the Valiant II from LS2. The chin bar goes all the way back 180 degrees, so no wind issues with it.
    Valiant II Camp Member, right here.

First Helmet was a SHOEI tho, and I still love it. Fit is perfect for me, wasnt too heavy (I’ve heard otherwise from other riders),
    but the price... OutRAGEous.

I can’t recommend it to anyone, knowing that “premium” you pay, isn’t netting you anything that much significantly safer.

I too have never seen it on sale (not that I’ve looked terribly often tho, but I browse from time to time. Ya never know).
    Other than the “1st Time Buy Discounts” and Coupon Codes(?),
    I gotta agree with MONK about when that price drops— prob when its obsolete.

But hey, if you gotta have it...
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come

Spyder Garage

Default FS: Sena SRL available

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't need it as I have an SRL and an SRL2 but damn. That's a good deal. Which one is it? (For those that don't know, you CAN use the SRL2 on the early Neotec 2 with a very simple modification.)
    I have the SRL, not the newer version 2 which is limited to only the newest versions of the helmet. Mine will fit both current and older versions of the Shoei Neotec II helmet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the SRL, not the newer version 2 which is limited to only the newest versions of the helmet. Mine will fit both current and older versions of the Shoei Neotec II helmet.
    FYI--The SRL2 WILL fit the "older" Neotec 2 helmets. I know. I've done it. I have an SRL2 in an "older" Neotec 2. If you have a sharp pocket knife, it's about a 90 second job. You'd never know it's the SRL2 in an "older" lid unless you knew what to look for. You're right about the original SRL fitting in ANY Neotec 2, J-Cruise 2 or whatever the full face version is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Capture.jpg
    ........Shoei will not warranty a helmet purchased from a different country.......but, it’s a good price.....it’s a gamble.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    ........Shoei will not warranty a helmet purchased from a different country.......but, it’s a good price.....it’s a gamble.
    Just out of curiosity I tried to put one of those in cart. Says they will not ship those to the USA.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Just out of curiosity I tried to put one of those in cart. Says they will not ship those to the USA.
    Hmmmmmmm.........maybe not DOT Certification? Our money is no good? Covid?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue