Spyder Garage

Default Grips for Spyder

I just pulled the trigger on a sea to sky and would like to get new grips. Anyone have experience installing and using better grips?
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a sea to sky and would like to get new grips. Anyone have experience installing and using better grips?
    Just get the foam ones that you lube and slide over the OEM ones. They are not expensive so if you have to replace them in a couple years, no big deal.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/foam-...ker-lamonster/
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I've used the foam type grips on almost all my rides. Works great AND they aren't expensive.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I followed that LINK for the Amazon product .... they also led to other similar options .... the ones for the barbell/dumbbell in 5 colors looked promising also .... my concern was how soft the Silicone they used is ..... But they are returnable for free ...... a long time ago I bought some from " grab-on " that were similar to the ones listed ..... mine didn't have the long chrome extension, were EDM foam and covered in waterproofed leather ..... aft 7 years they are still perfect ..... Mike ....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I followed that LINK for the Amazon product .... they also led to other similar options .... the ones for the barbell/dumbbell in 5 colors looked promising also .... my concern was how soft the Silicone they used is ..... But they are returnable for free ...... a long time ago I bought some from " grab-on " that were similar to the ones listed ..... mine didn't have the long chrome extension, were EDM foam and covered in waterproofed leather ..... aft 7 years they are still perfect ..... Mike ....
    I believe the long chrome extensions are another option called handle bar weights. They reduce vibration in HD!!!!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I believe the long chrome extensions are another option called handle bar weights. The reduce vibration in HD!!!!
    Good call and that would make them even better ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

How do the foam grips impact the effectiveness of the heated grip?
    Gary
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray Metalic
    1987 BMW K75s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    How do the foam grips impact the effectiveness of the heated grip?
    Mine still work great with the foam grips on my ‘20 RTL. I road yesterday at 40* F with mechanic’s gloves and I had to turn the grips to low sometimes because they got too warm.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

They work fine with heated grips, you may loose a little but not much.
    We sell hundreds of these, $12.95 a pair for Spyders.
    https://store.valueaccessories.net/G...ripCovers.aspx
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Thanks so much for your tip on sponge grips. Mine arrived yesterday and were installed immediately. What a difference in comfort. Tip, use lots of hairspray!

Spyder Garage

Hand sanitizer works great...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I ordered a pair of these, he has an interesting theory on grips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMmyhYa6mnY