Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Riders At Daytona Bike Week?

Hi Gang!

Curious to know if Spyder riders participate in the Daytona Bike Week events? It’s currently going on now and a friend of mine said it was for actual “bikers” (2-wheels) filled with Harley riders and we ALL know how Harley riders feel about Spyder riders. Their the LEAST of the wavers on the road, but do they not even wave at their own Harley trike riders either?? Just curious to know, because I wanted to experience it, but didn’t want to stand out like a sore thumb with the thumbs down!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are currently here. While there are A LOT of 2 wheel motorcycles, I’ve seen quite a few Spyder’s! I really don’t care what Harley rides think, we’re all motorcycle enthusiasts, no matter what you ride. Seen a few slingshots too! It’s fun, except for the rain and wind. Went to the supercross last night, great time me but weather was chilly. Going to do the Daytona loop today.

Spyder Garage

I actually get lots of “drop the left arm piece symbol” waives from Harley guys. Actually my wife laughs because she is the one to do it as a passenger and they always do it. I rode a Harley for many years. Most don’t care, a bike is a bike. We go to a pretty rough bar in the summer for .30 wings and .25 drafts. Lots of harleys. I’m known as spyder boy. I’ve watched 100 times some of those guys walk by and look the spyder all over. There’s a vet there that lost his leg way back when. He’s actually considering getting one so he can ride again.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I don't know where you hail from, but if you want to go someplace where you surly will NOT stick out like a sore thumb, check this place out:

https://www.d3wr.com/

I'd love to make that trip. Someday perhaps......
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Never had a problem with Harley riders. Most will wave and the ones that don’t, won’t wave to anybody anyway. The Harley trike riders are the most friendly. I go out to my local Harley dealer to hang around once in a while and I get a lot of curious lookers. I always invite them to sit down and enjoy. Like the post below says we’re all bikers.’

Spyder Garage

I would not worry about fitting in. Most everyone is there to enjoy the amenities. Most everyone will be on the friendly side.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You couldn't pay me enough to go into a huge crowd where very few are masked up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to go into a huge crowd where very few are masked up.
    That is also a current issue with Florida being one of the controversial states on policy. I would not be going for that specific reason.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This pandemic has become so politicized it is pitting friends against friends.

Spyder Garage

Who really needs to get together with a quarter million of their closest friends?
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Who really needs to get together with a quarter million of their closest friends?
    Right on! I'm with you on that one JayBros.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Normally I would attend Daytona bike week(9/10 days), just not this year. There are no problems with whatever you are riding. You see all kinds of bikes there, its an event that will draw well over a million people on a good year and there are lots of events concerts, bike races, flee markets, bike shows etc. that happen in Daytona and surrounding cities and towns. Now I will say that I like some of the events and only go during the day, I have a winter home about 45 miles from there.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 03-07-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Stayed away from the Sturgis rally for the same reason. BUT, will be going to Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Yes it has!!!!! Lost my ski buddy to the ******* virus when she called my a racist when I used the term. Lost another friend over the recent political struggle.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-07-2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: took out the politics
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    The pandemic does NOT need to become politicized. We don't need to make references to the origin, or who may have started it, or how it is being handled.

It has affected us all. Most of us are learning to live with the results with hopes and for a quick end to it. It's okay to mention it. No need to argue the "political" points about it.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Right on, I agree

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Stayed away from the Sturgis rally for the same reason. BUT, will be going to Deadwood 3 wheel rally this year
    Lew L
    You read Deadwood's flyer, didn't you? Yes, I'd rather go to Deadwood than Sturgis, and so would my wife. Don't ask me why.

Spyder Garage

Me and my sweetie both wore the mask religiously, social distanced, the whole bit, still got it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sad to hear that Jackhartjr I wish her mild symptoms and a quick recovery.

Spyder Garage

come on guys, don't listen to all of the CDC stuff as they have changed their mind more than once on the use of masks! we went to Sturgis last year in the midst of the pandemic with 200,000+ other bikers and probably saw less than 10 people with masks on.. AND there was no mass increase of COVID19 from those attendees.. I'm real tired of the bias media reporting what the writer feels and not what is factual...
    get your shots and ride on!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

We will be there Friday late afternoon for the weekend. No guts, no glory!
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    come on guys, don't listen to all of the CDC stuff as they have changed their mind more than once on the use of masks! we went to Sturgis last year in the midst of the pandemic with 200,000+ other bikers and probably saw less than 10 people with masks on.. AND there was no mass increase of COVID19 from those attendees.. I'm real tired of the bias media reporting what the writer feels and not what is factual...
    get your shots and ride on!!
    BIG F
    There WAS a big increase after Sturgis. Believe what you want. Makes no difference to me but on the off chance spreading the CV will kill someone else, why not just social distance and wear a mask?