Spyder Garage

Cool Picked up my new 2021 Spyder RT SE6, in 'Petrol Metallic' today!

Well, I picked up my new Toy this afternoon, a 2021 CAN-AM Spyder RT SE6 in Petrol Metallic, and rode 45 miles home, arriving about 5 PM. 27 degrees early this morning and 65 degrees later made for a great 'Get acquainted' ride and the blue skies and no wind helped. I took secondary highways through rural farm country and Interstate for the last 10 miles, speeds varying between 50 mph to 65 or so.

The ride was obviously 'different' than a 2 wheeler but only took 20 miles or so to get used too. The ride is first class accommodations though with a very comfortable seat and riding position.

One problem I had is one I have whenever I get a new Vehicle of any kind is learning the functions of the MANY buttons and menu items, which will take me some time I'm sure.

I will inform the members of the forum what I feel about the 'Bike' when I get some miles on it!

I have had many bikes but this is my first Spyder and I'm a happy rider not having to worry about my feet slipping on sand or pea gravel when I put my feet down at a stop!

Sam
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Spyder Garage

Yep, keep you feet up!!! You learn after a while to just rest your hands on the handle bars and "guide" it down the road. I use my cruise control a lot! Practice moving your foot to the brake pedal until it becomes automagic without thinking about it.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new Spyder. Post a picture when you can we all like pictures of new rydes.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on the bike. I also brought home a new RT today. Very nice ride, very protected cockpit. I did get the optional front lights as I like maximum daytime visibility. Considered the OEM driver backrest but decided to wait and ride awhile. Some owners have mentioned the Utopia, Ultimate and Lamonster backrest. Did a search but couldn't find too much recent. Maybe some owners will speak up here as to the pros and cons?

Spyder Garage

Congrats!
    The menu structure and the joystick will take some getting used to. You may not need the backrest right away. The seat provides a good butt support for long days but the backrest is nice to have.
    Let the farkling begin...
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Welcome to Spyderville. Have fun. Ryder safely.

Spyder Garage

I was playing around in an empty parking lot and when I'm turning full crank at low speed the end of handlebar touches my hand/top of leg. Can I just losen the 4 bolts and rotate the bar up enough to clear it?

Spyder Garage

Congrats, you got the fastest bike being it's the petrol blue, they blow the others away.....

JK they are all very nice rides.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the nice comments my Friends!

After Church today, I plan on spending some quality time with my 'Owners Manual,' and taking notes!

If I don't have a lot of IT, ISP or Computer repair business this week, I plan on putting lots of miles on my new Toy, on the beautiful, curvy and Rural roads of SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.

Sam

Spyder Garage

Gonna be a really windy one up here in SE Kansas but near 70. Had read the manual on line prior to picking up my RT and read again last night. Good info and takes awhile to absorb it. Thought my LCD a little hard to read yesterday and turned up brightness using the Configuration setting. Very bright even in sun and didn't turn it all the way up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post
    Well, I picked up my new Toy this afternoon, a 2021 CAN-AM Spyder RT SE6 in Petrol Metallic, and rode 45 miles home, arriving about 5 PM. 27 degrees early this morning and 65 degrees later made for a great 'Get acquainted' ride and the blue skies and no wind helped. I took secondary highways through rural farm country and Interstate for the last 10 miles, speeds varying between 50 mph to 65 or so.

The ride was obviously 'different' than a 2 wheeler but only took 20 miles or so to get used too. The ride is first class accommodations though with a very comfortable seat and riding position.

One problem I had is one I have whenever I get a new Vehicle of any kind is learning the functions of the MANY buttons and menu items, which will take me some time I'm sure.

I will inform the members of the forum what I feel about the 'Bike' when I get some miles on it!

I have had many bikes but this is my first Spyder and I'm a happy rider not having to worry about my feet slipping on sand or pea gravel when I put my feet down at a stop!

Sam
    You may have gotten comfortable enough in 20 miles to make it home without killing yourself but it'll take 500-1000 miles before you're really comfortable on it, especially coming from 2 wheels like most of us have.

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I was playing around in an empty parking lot and when I'm turning full crank at low speed the end of handlebar touches my hand/top of leg. Can I just losen the 4 bolts and rotate the bar up enough to clear it?
    Yes you can but it will change the angle of the grips. I had the same problem and ended up with Helibars. Terribly expensive but well worth it to me.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Welcome to the Spyder World. Enjoy your Ryde and the wonderful Spyder Smile Miles. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman 2012 View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments my Friends!

After Church today, I plan on spending some quality time with my 'Owners Manual,' and taking notes!

If I don't have a lot of IT, ISP or Computer repair business this week, I plan on putting lots of miles on my new Toy, on the beautiful, curvy and Rural roads of SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.

Sam
    Yes, we have the roads to ride. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. And on the new RT. I too, like the Petrol Blue color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I realized the rear shock did not have any air in it from the dealer. Very difficult to check valve under the seat so ordered an extension. Got air in and felt the rear rise but can't get an air tester in there to find out how much. Need 50-55 for my weight I think. Will wait till I get an extension or get a vertical tester, mine all have an elbow of sorts. Taking seat off an RT didn't look that easy so won't go that route.

Spyder Garage

I think there was a straight air gauge in the toolkit that came with my 2020 RT but I've been known to hallucinate!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

There is one in there but I could not get any of my gauges to work in that space. First problem was there was no air to test:-) Just ordered an extension.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Congrats!!

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for your comments!

I went for a 140 mile ride today, the temperature early was 37 Degrees F. The ergonomics and wind control was so great that although I had a warm jacket and leather gloves on, there was no need for the Handlebar or Seat heaters at all! It got up to 67 as a high here in SW Missouri but there was winds in excess of 35-40 mph but I was happy to find out that it only moved 'US' around about as much as my Past Goldwing so not much.

I joined some FaceBook Spyder Forums today also.

Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is two colors I do like , yours and the S2S color..

Spyder Garage

Let the smiles & miles begin!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Like its climbing the wall! lol

I agree that's the BEST color!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with some others. Blue is the best color. My 2018 RTL was blue only because I got the best deal on it over other colors. My '21 RT (base) is blue by choice. I could have gotten the chalk at the same price (and my helmet would have matched the bike...always a plus when you want to be kewl). We'll see what colors they have when I get another RT (2nd year of the next generation). If they have blue.......sigh.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new Spyder (in the fastest color BRP makes). Let the Farkling begin.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue