Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    A cat delete eliminates a considerable amount of heat. That's a given. As for increased power and MPG, no one has proven that. That I know of anyway. Sound, yea, lots of folks have noticed a little louder and lower tone. Reports of a baffle in or out of the cat delete will change the low RPM torque and or the high RPM torque. Other reports say that the ECM continually adjusts itself to control any modification to remain at stock performance. I tend to go along with that theory. So, the only thing that really seems to change with a cat delete, is the loss of some heat and a change of exhaust sound.
    I'm doing it because of the heat issue and because it's recommended for maximizing the benefit of a stage 2 ECU flash.

But the heat issue alone is worth it in today's extreme climate, I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    But the heat issue alone is worth it in today's extreme climate, I think.
    I think you're possibly on to something there. If we all lost our cats maybe we could slow down this global warming thing, maybe?

Spyder Garage

Where I live the roadsides are frequently covered with grass - dry grass at this time of year. That was a consideration when I removed my cat, since I do occasionally have to pull off the pavement. Besides the reduction in perceived heat for the riders, reducing the chance of starting a fire is important. One good grass fire will put more contaminants in the air than my Spyder will during it's entire life. Not to mention what a burning Spyder would put in the air.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-04-2022 at 12:28 PM. Reason: than ;-)
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    Where I live the roadsides are frequently covered with grass - dry grass at this time of year. That was a consideration when I removed my cat, since I do occasionally have to pull off the pavement. Besides the reduction in perceived heat for the riders, reducing the chance of starting a fire is important. One good grass fire will put more contaminants in the air than my Spyder will during it's entire life. Not to mention what a burning Spyder would put in the air.
    That's a real good point. I've wrapped the cat delete pipe in fiberglass wrap for even greater heat reduction.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That's a real good point. I've wrapped the cat delete pipe in fiberglass wrap for even greater heat reduction.
    Which fiberglass wrap? If you don't mind me asking... I just got my cat delete pipe in and was thinking about it.... Thanks in Advance!
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    Which fiberglass wrap? If you don't mind me asking... I just got my cat delete pipe in and was thinking about it.... Thanks in Advance!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got the little tool for the metal ties, but not the extra ties (didn't need them)

Also, the high temp silicone spray paint https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MY1RB0...roduct_details

20220804_101129.jpg
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-04-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    I have to confess that I left some dark almost black, dry grass after pulling off a rural road for a quick pitstop. Now dry grass is the second thing I look for when deciding where to park my ride.