Spyder Garage

Default Parking brake not releasing

2018 F3 Limited. Started with the parking brake light not going out but continuing to blink, however brake was released. this happened several times, over a 6 month period but would work fine most of the time. Very intermittently.Then one day after getting home from a ride i needed to roll the bike a few feet . The parking brake light began blinking and brake would not release. I tried several times over the next couple of days as it never before refused to release. I found that the parking brake cable was extremely tight. I loosened the nuts on cable and popped the cable out of the bracket ( at rear wheel). This ,of course, allowed the brake to release. Pushed the parking brake button and it engaged and disengaged with no problem. Tried it about twenty times that day. And many times over the next two or three days. Adjusted cable so brake would hold and release ( without slack in cable). So far so good.

Spyder Garage

Under the right side panel in front of the oil filter housing there is the cable actuator and motor. Under the cable wheel is a brake on brake off switch. Clean switch with contact cleaner/lube. The button under the switch arm gets dirty and sticks in. I believe you want the brake on when cleaning. You can take a pencil and move switch on and off and see if it is sticking. That fixed mine. I clean and lube it at every oil change since I'm in there anyway. Or anytime I have the panel off.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I had a similar problem, very common. Tried to re adjust at the rear actuator worked for a while but problem returned it wasn't until i disassembled and cleaned switch, reinstalled and adjusted the actuator wheel that it corrected

Spyder Garage

me again, i believe the micro switch has nothing to do with the operation of the parking brake. Its function is for the parking brake warning light.

Spyder Garage

I have the same problem on my F3L. Showed up on my first ride on it yesterday. Only have 20 miles on it!