Spyder Garage

Question F3T vs F3T-limited

im about to purchased my 1st spyder,, couple questions,, 3000.00 more for the limited, but i would probably take the top-case off, as i like the look without it,, so that would mean 4 speakers instead of 6, also no floor boards, which i would want for myself, also the limited has self leveling rear suspension, i dont need heated grips as i ride in warm weather only,, also i would need a backrest for my wife, so i would save 3 grand, but have to add a few accessories if i dont get the limited,, is the ride better with the self leveling suspension. any other pro's or cons with buying the lesser model,, thanks.. also is the passenger seat the same on both models, ive contacted 2 differant dealers via contact us form, one dealer answered me everytime, the other not once after 4 contacts, so i know which dealer i will buy from.. i have not gone to a dealer in person yet, because i know if i do, i will be buying a spyder,, lol..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    im about to purchased my 1st spyder,, couple questions,, 3000.00 more for the limited, but i would probably take the top-case off, as i like the look without it,, so that would mean 4 speakers instead of 6, also no floor boards, which i would want for myself, also the limited has self leveling rear suspension, i dont need heated grips as i ride in warm weather only,, also i would need a backrest for my wife, so i would save 3 grand, but have to add a few accessories if i dont get the limited,, is the ride better with the self leveling suspension. any other pro's or cons with buying the lesser model,, thanks.. also is the passenger seat the same on both models, ive contacted 2 differant dealers via contact us form, one dealer answered me everytime, the other not once after 4 contacts, so i know which dealer i will buy from.. i have not gone to a dealer in person yet, because i know if i do, i will be buying a spyder,, lol..
    Even here in Arizona I have used my heated grips a couple times. The trunk on the Limited model appears to be the same as the RT's and it will hold two helmets which is a nice feature. The Limited backrest for your wife will make here feel much more secure and nestled into the machine with you. Happy wife happy life! Think of it as jewelry for her!!! You both should sit on the F3-L and the RT-L to check the difference of riding position to be sure to get the one that is most comfortable for both of you, as the riding position is much different especially for the driver.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I have an F3-Limited and love it. I like it for the storage (top case, sides). On my model we do have floor boards, albeit small. The one thing I do not like is the switch on the top case is flaky and reports the case open even though it is not. The rider is great and it is enjoyable to ride. I am in the northeast and ride year round.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

You really should test ride both models, with your wife on the back, before you buy. The seating positions are completely different and your wife will feel the difference, too. She may not feel "as secure" without the top box. Besides, with the new models removing the top box is fast and easy.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    You really should test ride both models, with your wife on the back, before you buy. The seating positions are completely different and your wife will feel the difference, too. She may not feel "as secure" without the top box. Besides, with the new models removing the top box is fast and easy.
    yes she would feel better im sure, i would just have to get a cover for when i take the topbox off.. maybe the dealer would throw that in,, they also charge freight ? when buying.

Spyder Garage
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Since you mentioned your wife, I would consider the limited with the top case. It will allow you to expand your usage as you gain more experience riding. Some reasons are mentioned above but your wife can take an extra jacket , you can run some errands with it. Maybe take a weekend trip together. You would also enjoy the additional upgrades. If you were single or your wife refused to ride with you then the F3-T would make more sense.

Spyder Garage

yes she would feel better im sure, i would just have to get a cover for when i take the topbox off.. maybe the dealer would throw that in,, they also charge freight ? when buying.
    Dealer tag on all kinds for fees. Delivery, assembly, document etc.

Spyder Garage

she likes riding on my 1500 vulcan, she did not like my 900 polaris ranger which i just sold with 9000.00 in my pocket, which will be my down payment, plus i have my 2007 1500 vulcan classic for sale with only 9300 miles on it, its like new.. if it comes down to it, i will trade the vulcan it on the spyder, weather looked like its gonna warm up next week, tired of the snow here in northeast pa. i guess the limited would prolly be better, its nice the topcase comes off fairly easy.. ive been looking and reading about the spyder for awhile, havnt read many bad things about them,,

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you ride with your spouse, I would go with the limited instead of the F3T. I have the F3T because I ride solo 98% of the time. But if you have a passenger, then the limited backrest and additional storage will be nice. Good luck shopping. And don't take any crap off the dealerships, as there are dealers all over the country that will gladly ship to your door, and normally for less (IMotorsports comes to mind).
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Definitely the LTD. No "coulda, woulda, shoulda".

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Your Wife may end up at the controls riding around with you on the back seat. it happens now days.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Remember, if she feels uncomfortable, she'll stop riding with you. The only good that can come out of that is she'll want her own Spyder. Many wives/women (Is that acceptable to call them women anymore?), mine included, ride their own. I have a 2020 RT Limited and I took the top box off as soon as I got it home. It sits on a shelf in my garage covered with a blanket.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I might throw this into the mix when purchasing a new Spyder. iMotorsports in Illinois and a sponsor here has free freight when you purchase from them. Plus I think they are easy to deal with too. I have purchased 2 new Spyders from them. When delivering the new Spyder they picked up my trade in both times.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    Your Wife may end up at the controls riding around with you on the back seat. it happens now days.

T.P.
    Many couples on here ride together each on their own Spyder. My wife and I have Scala Q3 in helmet for coms. I also do rides with a friend, as wife has an illness that is limiting her time on the trike, one up and he got a new helmet with Freedconn intercom. So I put a cheapy Freedconn T-Com intercom in another helmet. It was pretty cool to be able to talk trike to trike during our last outing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have an RT (base) so I can't speak from F3 experience. I chose the base model (similar to the F3T) because I ride solo 104% of the time. Even still, I added my own top case (Shad) for those days when I feel the need to add extra gear. If your other 1/2 only rides occasionally, I'd say the auto leveling suspension would be a good thing. I ride year round here in NC and I've used the heated grips quite a bit. If you get an F3, you'll probably want to invest in an aftermarket windscreen. The stock 12" windscreens don't do much although YMMV. In your situation, I'd vote for either the F3 Limited or an RT Limited. If you rode solo all the time, I'd vote for the F3T or RT base.

Spyder Garage

If you do any touring two up, the L version is the way to go. 20 & up come with the LinQ system which makes it easy to remove that top trunk.

I too, like the trunkless look, but with the exception of the S2S RTL, you have to pay extra for that top plate.

I would never pay $2K for the cheesy trunk by itself. As long as it is part of the package (L), I have them. The additional amenities make the package price a tad more tolerable.

Another iMoto person here. Bought two from them now, no freight and free pickup of trade. Easy to deal with compared to many other dealers out there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red