Spyder Garage

Default F4 customs windshield on Ryker

Got my new F4 winshield today for my Ryker. Looks great EXCEPT very crooked leaning to one side. I suspicioned the info module was not straight across now I know for sure. Does anybody know how the module is mounted and can it be moved so that it is straight? No big deal with no windshield but now it really shows up. Just put it on this evening after mounting the BaJa Ron sway bar, finder lights (had to take the fenders apart for Lamonts plug and play), then Lamonts LED headlight bulbs, one in and one to go.
    Thanks for any help on straightening out the module.

Dale

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with my F4 windshield. There is a single screw, I think it's a #30 torque up under the instrument panel. I can post a few pics tomorrow of where you should look cause it's night time here now.

It was kind of a pain in the butt to get to, but I managed to back it out and discovered it had some lock tight on it, but I guess it didn't hold too well. Maybe the windshield was putting too much stress on it or something.

Anyway, once I got it out, I put some blue lock tight on it and screwed it back in. Then I straightened up the instrument panel/windshield and cinched the screw down tight. Have not had a problem with it since.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

gkamer a picture would be great.

Spyder Garage

For some reason it's not uploading the files. I'll mess around and try again.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Looking from the front of the bike:

front.jpg

Look just below the windshield mount:

bolt 2.jpg

It's hard to see because it's behind the middle cable coming out of the instrument panel:

bolt 2.jpg

You can push the cable a little to the side to see the screw.

And before anyone's mentions it, I know there is a bolt missing on the right side. I was gong to remove the windshield to make it easier to see the bolt you need to tighten, and then realized it would not make a difference. But trust me, it's back there����
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Greg,
    Now that I got the crooked windshield out of the way I was looking at the front shocks and I dont see any notch for a spanner wrench to make an adjustment. Have you adjusted yours ? I thought about jacking up the bike to unload the springs to see If I could turn the adjustment. Still learning my way around this Rally.
    Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderdale View Post
    Greg,
    Now that I got the crooked windshield out of the way I was looking at the front shocks and I dont see any notch for a spanner wrench to make an adjustment.
    I believe you can only adjust the front shocks on the Rally model. I have the 900 ACE model. But I did find this video:

Hopefully this will help.....
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Thanks Greg. Kinda what I thought jack it up to take the load off and turn by hand.