Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What mirror vibration fix works the best?

For a 2020RTL which mirror vibration fix is the best the one from lamonster or the one from the factory or are they the same. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Lamonster version. It's quick and easy to install, it's cheap and best of all, it just plain works. Some have said the dealer will add the "factory" fix for free, others have said they had to pay for it. Either way, you have to make an appointment and wait while they do the work. I spent my 25 bucks, enjoyed the time getting to know my bike in the 15 minutes it took to install and did it when I wanted.

Spyder Garage

I was thinking about Lamonster's fix on my last ride, because I don't notice the mirrors anymore. The mirrors are perfect now, but a little harder to get off in the unlikely event you'll need to remove them. Took me probably 45 mins to an hour. One stabilizing plastic pin had to be cut, to avoid flexing the mount base. No big deal, just a snip with side cutters. Seems like a great fix to me.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Apparently BRP doesn't test ride their Spyders before releasing them. Everyone I've talked to had the problem. My 2021 had the shakes and I also had to use the Lamonster fix. The fix works as advertised......no more shakes. To me, this appears to be a safety issue and BRP should do a recall fix for all 2020 & 2021 Spyders.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I have the Lamonster version. It's quick and easy to install, it's cheap and best of all, it just plain works. Some have said the dealer will add the "factory" fix for free, others have said they had to pay for it. Either way, you have to make an appointment and wait while they do the work. I spent my 25 bucks, enjoyed the time getting to know my bike in the 15 minutes it took to install and did it when I wanted.
    Monk said it good so I don't have to repeat.

Spyder Garage

there is a service bulletin released last year addressing this issue and mine was performed by dealer at no cost. Has corrected the problem.

Spyder Garage

My 2021 RTL does not have the issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Another vote for Lamonster's fix for exactly the same reason.
    BRP has a fix that the dealers will install for free, but with tolls and gas I'd have to spend almost the same money to get to my dealer.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    there is a service bulletin released last year addressing this issue and mine was performed by dealer at no cost. Has corrected the problem.
    Going to have my dealer look up this service bulletin when I take my RT in for a front pulley replacement. Sure would beat me paying extra for an after market fix. Does anyone know what kind of fix the dealer does? Good to hear that it fixed your problem Baxter. Did a 270 mile ride the other day on an existing 250 miles and the left mirror began to vibrate. Not sure if it was the mirror itself or the entire mirror enclosure.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Going to have my dealer look up this service bulletin when I take my RT in for a front pulley replacement. Sure would beat me paying extra for an after market fix. Does anyone know what kind of fix the dealer does? Good to hear that it fixed your problem Baxter. Did a 270 mile ride the other day on an existing 250 miles and the left mirror began to vibrate. Not sure if it was the mirror itself or the entire mirror enclosure.
    You can pop the cover off the mirror and tighten up the nut that holds the mirror spring. Don't tighten it too much. A 1/2-3/4 turn would be sufficient. I did that aswell as adding Lamonsters fix. The "official" fix is basically the same as Lamonsters fix but uses fancier parts. No matter which version you use/get, if you ever need to remove the mirror (which is unlikely on a 2020+ unlike the previous gen where you had to remove them for EVERYTHING), you'll have to unbolt them.

Spyder Garage

I did notice my left mirror housing had more play in it than the right side so think the entire housing was vibrating. Will see what the dealer does next week. Otherwise will take up your suggestion.

Spyder Garage

The whole mirror housing shakes because the housing is held on with spring-wire clips that slip over tapered bolts. If springs are not tight there's small movement on the bolt. The fix is to remove the taper bolts and replace with T-bolts and nuts.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I did the $22 Lamonster fix to the wifes 2020 RTL. Left shook like crazy but the right was halfway ok. Now no problem and do not have to leave it at the dealer.

Spyder Garage

I also used the Lamonster fix, in the long run it was cheaper for me as I would have had to go 40 miles to the dealer, wait on them to get around to it and then ride 40 miles back home.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I also used the Lamonster fix, in the long run it was cheaper for me as I would have had to go 40 miles to the dealer, wait on them to get around to it and then ride 40 miles back home.
    The 40 miles each way might be a nice ride but the waiting around @ the stealer would suck. That was one of the reasons I went with the Lamonster fix. It didn't take me long and I could do it in my own time.

Spyder Garage

I spent the evening putting on the lamonster mirror shake fix. For the life of me I can't get the outside plastic to snap back on..... Any helpful hints?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I spent the evening putting on the lamonster mirror shake fix. For the life of me I can't get the outside plastic to snap back on..... Any helpful hints?
    When I installed mine, there was a plastic 'pin' on the back of the part that gets bolted with the new bolts. I had to snip it off to get that plate to lie flat. That MAY be related to your problem.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Has anyone tried the canamaccessories.com part called the Ultimate Mirror Stabilizer? $39.95 plus shipping. Just two plastic parts which snap in. Looks easy. How well do they work? Anyone know?

Spyder Garage

I went with ‘wedgies’ on my F3L. Work great and a 2 minute install
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Where can I get the wedgies? I'd like to rush order them for a trip I am heading out for this weekend. It'd be nice if possible. I messaged Squared Away, but I'm in crunch mode. It's not the end of the world if I do not get them, but it's worth trying. Thanks!
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

I had problems with my left mirror on my 2021 RT so I bought the ones from slingmods. They are more than the lamonster garage ones.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Oct. 18, 2021

How did they fix the problem ? My problem is the two piece housing is not tight together so it rattles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Oct. 18, 2021

How did they fix the problem ? My problem is the two piece housing is not tight together so it rattles.
    I think yours is a different issue.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

1+ for the Lamonster's kit, his instructional video is highly recommended as well.

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is the only vehicle I have ever owned where the mirrors vibrate so bad that the image is fuzzy thereby making the bike somewhat unsafe

Please post the recall here so I can take to my dealer
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT