Spyder Garage

Default Treatment to Paint Protection New Spyder RTL Harden Surface What Product To Use??

What products should I use on a new 2021 RTL to harden and protect the paint?

Jim

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    What products should I use on a new 2021 RTL to harden and protect the paint?

Jim
    Well WAX that has a high " Carnuba " content is probably your best bet ..... however it's effort intensive to apply .... I guess because it's Hard ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

You might give a look at Collonite waxes. I use 845 on my Can Am Defender and car, its very protective and high gloss. Buffs up very easily. I have some of the high tech stuff also and at times go back to Collonite. Will probably use on my RT when I get it. Just google most protective waxes and you'll get many ideas. Let us know.

Spyder Garage

I’ve use turtle wax ice on all my bikes. Easy to apply and easy to takeoff.

Spyder Garage

Paint protection film from WrapMySpyder
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Jescar Power Loc made by a German company (Menzerna) is also amazing. It's a high tech polymer sealant that protects for a long time. Just used this on my new RT and the shine and slickness is amazing. Will do a second coat before bug season. I have used this on multiple cars - easy on and off. On the expensive side but if you can use it on other vehicles will be worth it.

https://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-po...EaAsDUEALw_wcB

Spyder Garage

Have it professionally ceramic coated.This guy explains it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW23W5GggGI
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I just applied this to my Sea to Sky and loved it.

https://www.hydrosilex.com/collections/retail-products
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

I had ceramic coating done at a shop on my car. Its amazing. I will never wax again. It lasts 2-3 years. After a lot of research I decided not to do it myself. A lot of the over counter ceramic products do not last as long. Also the prep before using a ceramic is a lot of work. You have to have a complete clean and corrected surface. I plan to get my Spyder done at some point. Having some of my Spyder parts painted right now. After I get it all done I am going to have it all re-cleared and then ceramic coated.

On my car I can just spray it off with water and it looks clean. My black looks new. IMO I don't see as much scratching as I would expect on the car.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

or you could get a wrap. Many designs available, some cover 100% some less but the wrap would provide the best protection. If you decide you dont like the wrap, get your hair dryer and peel it off, then clean with alcohol or googone. I have a full body wrap. Never worried about the paint. I think this summer I will peel the wrap and put a different one on.
    The very best wrap designs for the Spyders is worldclasswraps.com. Wash the bike, dry, before you put a piece on, clean with 95% alcohol, clean again with lint free cloth, then apply panel. You'll need a hair dryer for several panels. When it's done, it's fantastic. And a head turner. Be advised, there are about 62 pieces so it is time consuming. How long depends on how many consecutive hours you want to work. It is definitely worth all of the effort. Or you could pay somebody, but then, what's the fun in that. Look at the designs on worldclasswraps.com and then go to wrapmyspyder.com and compare designs... click on my picture thing and it will take you, I think, to a daytime photo of the wrap minus side cases. I wanted some white showing for safety.

Spyder Garage

There is a video from the Canadian guy who designed the wraps explaining how to do the task. http://worldclasswraps.com/SPYDER-RT.html
    also a new design https://www.jetskidetailing.com/2012...-ORIGINAL.html

Spyder Garage

I agree with the ceramic coating....you can spend as little as a $100... or so for a DIY kit that will last a couple years.
    Or you can get a professional coating applied ..... by a professional installer....that cost thousands.
    These professional coatings are much harder to apply and get a lot harder with dry. NOT the same stuff as a DIY kit.
    Professional coatings can last up to 10 years if treated correctly.
    I have Modesta BC05 professional ceramic coating on my Spyder, but it was "very" expensive to have done.

My two cents,
    P.W.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer