Spyder Garage

Question What size are the Handlebar Bolts - 2021 RTL?

I have a 2021 RTL.
    Can anyone tell me what size are the 4 bolts are holding on the handlebars?
    I would like to buy longer bolts and spacers to replace the top two bolts so I could mount either RAMs 9mm Angled Bolt Head Adapter Ball Base or their 11mm Bolt Head Adapter Ball Base, which ever fits best.

Thanks
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

PN 250000997, M10. Remember, the originals were installed with a thick, tenacious thread locker. Use a high quality Allen socket to remove; you may need a breaker bar.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    PN 250000997, M10. Remember, the originals were installed with a thick, tenacious thread locker. Use a high quality Allen socket to remove; you may need a breaker bar.
    JayBros,
    Thanks for the reply. I have a few questions. Is that the Part Number for the original bolts? Do you have a suggested place to purchase the bolts from? I went on Amazon and put in "M10 Bolt" and it came back with a very detailed filter for Length, Thread Size, Head Style, and on and on. I also searched for "M10 Bolt Spacer" and it returned many options. I guess if I know length of the original bolt and then add in the length or a spacer that would put the top of the bolt above the center piece on the bike, I will know what length bolt to buy.

Sorry for all the questions but I truly appreciate the help.
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

The PN is for the original bolts and just lists it as M10. I'm not too up on the "standard" sizing of metric bolts/screws but I assume for a standard M10 is is like a common 1/4X20 for a 1/4" bolt/screw.

I looked MY 2020 RT-Ltd specs and they too specify only M10 as the size, no length.

I assume the two adapters you refer to are OEM parts. If so, a dealership parts guy is your best source of information

What I would do if I were in your boots is call the parts dept of the dealership you purchased your Spyder from and ask them if they can: (1) verify the thread pitch of the original bolts and (2) the length of the original bolt(s). If you have the part numbers of the two adapter bases you're referring to, this link may even tell you if the bases come with the appropriate bolts and spacers: https://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=1.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S