Spyder Garage

Default Find Original Dealer

Last autumn I purchased my 2015 Spyder RT from an estate. The previous owner was the only owner and I would like to find out where he purchased it from. The machine is in perfect order and needs no work but when something does need attention in the future, it might be beneficial to return it to where previous work had been done. I phoned Can Am customer service and ask "If I give you the serial number, can you give me the dealers name that the unit was sold to?" The answer was that "we don't have that information". I am sure Can Am keeps records of this sort but don't want to share. Maybe I got in contact with the wrong department? Customer service is wrong?
    The obvious answer is to phone the nearest dealer but I wouldn't expect them to remember a sale six years in the past. Another problem is I am nearly equidistant from about four dealers with the closest being 50 miles away.
    Any ideas about who to contact at Can AM that might be willing to share information?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedRover View Post
    Last autumn I purchased my 2015 Spyder RT from an estate. The previous owner was the only owner and I would like to find out where he purchased it from. The machine is in perfect order and needs no work but when something does need attention in the future, it might be beneficial to return it to where previous work had been done. I phoned Can Am customer service and ask "If I give you the serial number, can you give me the dealers name that the unit was sold to?" The answer was that "we don't have that information". I am sure Can Am keeps records of this sort but don't want to share. Maybe I got in contact with the wrong department? Customer service is wrong?
    The obvious answer is to phone the nearest dealer but I wouldn't expect them to remember a sale six years in the past. Another problem is I am nearly equidistant from about four dealers with the closest being 50 miles away.
    Any ideas about who to contact at Can AM that might be willing to share information?
    Four dealers within 50 miles is a good situation to be in. If you do a search on this site by dealer name, you can sometimes get information about them. If they are "bad" dealers, it will surely show up.

Or...a 50 mile drive to "secret shop" a place is another good excuse for a trip.

Good luck in your hunt.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Might try vin history on car fax. Found rather large amount history on vehicle was researching last year.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Depending on the state, ( each is different) the spyder had to be registered. When you purchased it you should have some type of title work paper/ transfer paper or card from the state. Look on the previous title and the dealer is listed sometimes. Also another back door method, Call BEST warranty. Act dumb and ask if this vehicle is sill under warranty? They will say no or it expired. If it expired you can ask BEST which dealer they purchased it from. Many people don’t do their research and simply purchase BEST from their dealer instead of looking around. Just 2 ideas that could be a long shot but worth trying. Returning to the original dealer wont matter. If you have 4 within 50 miles thats awesome. Pick the best one like suggested above and use that one from here on out. You establish the reporte not the machine.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

You might also consider emailing BRPCare, brp.care@brp.com give them the VIN, explain your situation and ask them to identify the selling dealership.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I bought my second Spyder (2014 RTL) in NW Indiana (Hammond) over six years ago. I forget the name of the dealer. In 2016 I contacted them to buy my third Spyder but they no longer sold Spyders.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thalk to the original owner, or his wife. They may remember who they bought it from. I bought my Spyder from the original owner and he gave me all the original paperwork from when he bought it with the selling dealer's name. If you can find the original owner's name it's worth a shot.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

go to maximum power sports you will be happy with them

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    go to maximum power sports you will be happy with them
    On 31 in Peru? You've GOT to be kidding or they've changed drastically in the past few years. I bought a 2012 Victory Vision from them and almost bought a 2015 (ish) RT from them. At least between 2012 and 2015, they had to be the worst dealer I've ever dealt with. Not the time or place to tell you my horror stories but suffice it to say, if I still lived in Peru and they were the ONLY dealer in the world for whatever I was interested in, I wouldn't go there.

Spyder Garage

We've had good experiences with Maximum Powersports. My wife bought her new 2016 F3 Limited there.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I agree with Wmoater, excellent suggestions.
    A random search for your VIN number online/CARFAX/etc often turns up some good info.

Longshot- It may not have come with your Spyder, but if you have it- check you Owners manual.
    I actually had a business card tucked in my booklet from the original dealership; found it reading thru it.
    Didn’t expect it to be there.

You never know ...but worth a look right?
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Car Fax can give it to you, but so can some other vehicle history sites that don't charge, I think. Do a Google search for vehicle title history and put in the VIN. You may come up with the selling dealer name.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If you have someone with BUDS nearby they may be able to dig it out of the bike's firmware. I know my 2014 ST had the original dealer's name stored.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    We've had good experiences with Maximum Powersports. My wife bought her new 2016 F3 Limited there.
    It appears they've made some changes. I see Sam is now in sales. He used to be the parts manager (and a good one). I'm sure he's a heck of a lot better than the old sales staff.