Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Fuel price still rising

Up here, north of the 49th, the price of fuel is still on the rise. Today, here in Chilliwack, BC, the price for 87 octane fuel is $1.409 per litre which translates to $5.333 per US gal. I wonder how much higher it plans on going?

Just thought that I would post this to brighten everyone south of us’s day.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Gee, Thanks Bruce. Price here in the desert S.W. for a gallon has gone up 75 cents in the last 3 weeks. I spent most of my adult life vacationing on my boat between WA and BC. Many years ago there was a time that I waited until I got to Canadian waters to fuel up because the price was less than in the U.S. Makes you wonder what happened..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I started the same chat over on dootalk about a month ago. PA is the most expensive taxed gas in the US. We shot to $3.10 a gallon 7 days ago and it’s been holding for the past week. We are usually .30 above the average. I’m guessing $3.50 by summer.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Gee, Thanks Bruce. Price here in the desert S.W. for a gallon has gone up 75 cents in the last 3 weeks. I spent most of my adult life vacationing on my boat between WA and BC. Many years ago there was a time that I waited until I got to Canadian waters to fuel up because the price was less than in the U.S. Makes you wonder what happened..... Jim
    We all know what happened. Just try to buy ammo.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Gas Prices

Gas prices have been going up and up. Indiana is now at $2.79 a gallon.
    Don't know what the Summer Price will be.

Still going to ryde my Spyder. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hate the oil prices more (heating).
    Won't stop our riding.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I work in the construction industry shipping precast foundatin walls to sites on trucks and setting them with cranes.
    The additinal cost of fuel alone is already adding about $1000.00 to each foundation and it has just started.
    Everything we use to produce the walls comes in on trucks so the cost of steel, cement powder, and foam insulation has skyrocketed. Some foam manufactures are retooling to a formula that will produce less greenhouse gasses which is adding 15 to 25% in cost, they dont know for sure how much yet.
    What they dont think about is now the foam is made over 500 miles from where it used to be so it is adding trucking to the cost, then adding the greenhouse gasses from the trucking to get it here. The new foam does not meet the fire code so it has to be covered with another product that has to be trucked in. So where is the savings on green house gasses?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In 2013 there was a study of gas prices from 1912 to 2012 vs political party in power. Adjusted for inflation the price varied only about 12 cents between administrations, with some of the highest prices being under Republicans and some of the lowest being under Democrats. The President basically has zero power to control gas prices. The price is determined mostly by middlemen brokers much more than by producers or retailers.

Official policy of Spyderlovers.com is ZERO tolerance for political discussions. Your comment above is pushing the limit pretty hard. If you don't want to see such posts deleted by admins don't post them. Would we like to see the policy relaxed? Sometimes, but rules is rules and the site has so much other value we accept the restriction in order to maintain a civil discussion group.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: IMS correct year of study- Later, Mod removed moderated/deleted quotes iaw post #15

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Didn't mean to get political, just was trying to say policies of an administration can drive prices. Maybe that's a better way to word it...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Moving away from politics and back to reality...gas prices almost ALWAYS goes up this time of year. The extreme cold in February probably didn't help due to both oil heating usage and refinery slow downs. A lot of this has to do with refineries switching to a Summer-Blend production. Here is an article written last year in 2020 saying the same thing. https://www.convenience.org/Topics/F...ing-Gas-Prices

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

The deep freeze in Texas probably didn’t help much either...
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

$2.49 per gallon in N.E. Georgia.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Like BTO said, "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet"...........

Spyder Garage

Something we all can agree on:

More riding, less COVID. d3wr.com

DFE08ACD-57BE-424F-BAB5-7060DE947A37.jpg

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

A reminder of site rule #2.

Political posts are NOT allowed on the site.

I hate to be the one, but going to have to go back and delete the various posts about parties, names, and that they are the cause of the "new" gas prices. Those being deleted are NOT considered as troublemakers. I consider you all as friends on the site. But...rules, are rules.

IMO: The current debacle with the pricing has to do with "because they can." Politics are not the main cause. Refineries down because of the electric black out, weather crap happening all over, and a good excuse for them to make a quick buck.

Here in Arkansas. It has jumped to $2.44-$2.49 for most of the gas prices we saw yesterday. Going to gas up in about an hour.

And, I for one do miss some of the political discussions we used to have.
    Unfortunately, they all eventually develop into name calling, running down specific people, or parties. The usual result was a close down of the thread.

As my friend Kermit used to say: "It aint easy being green."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-04-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gas prices go up, gas prices go down, gas prices rarely stay the same. Why get your knickers in a twist? You can pretty much count on the
    price of gas to go up as spring approaches. No sense whinging.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

It's not just gasoline. Steel prices have been shooting upward over the past year also. The local scrap metal yard is paying $95/ton for steel scrap in form of appliances and such. A year ago they were paying about $25/ton. A couple people, one a parking lot and traffic lighting contractor and the other an irrigation system supplier, said just a few days ago that they have seen steel product pricing at least double in the last year. An old D2 Caterpillar that my brother has may finally be worth hauling to a scrap yard. It hasn't been that for 30 or 40 years.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Here in Washington, the House just passed a bill that will add 57¢ a gallon. It has gone to the Senate for a vote. This money is supposed to subsidize electric vehicle recharging stations.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The people passing these bills are simply representatives of the people of the state, and follow the will of the people. Apparently the majority of
    the people want EV supply lines subsidized. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I don't live there.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Maybe it's time to go with hydrogen! Use solar energy to split water molecules, recover the energy by recombining them in an engine or fuel cell creating water as the waste product. 100% clean energy!

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe Hydrogen is still being seriously looked into. I think the main problems with it are the cost of production and issues of storage.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

RE: Electric vehicles and EV charging stations.

Since the grid is on the brink of collapsing due to all the demand, what in the heck are they going to do when everyone starts plugging in two or so electric vehicles to add to the drain on the system???

Isn't that going to increase demand on the grid even more???

Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not to mention that most of the electricity will have to come from fossil fuel, after all look what happened to Texas, the windmills totaly failed in the cold weather.
    https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/18...ly-power-loss/
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    look what happened to Texas, the windmills totaly failed in the cold weather.
    The wind turbines failed because of capitalist greed. Had the owners spent the $$ necessary to insulate the turbines, and use oil in them suitable for cold weather, they would have kept turning just like thousands of turbines do in the northern states and in countries like Finland and Sweden. The turbine failure is totally inexcusable.

Besides, the power companies were warned 10 years ago they needed to take precautions to prepare for cold weather, but they ignored the warnings.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    We all know what happened. Just try to buy ammo.
    YOU ARE NOT KIDDING