Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    RE: Electric vehicles and EV charging stations.

Since the grid is on the brink of collapsing due to all the demand, what in the heck are they going to do when everyone starts plugging in two or so electric vehicles to add to the drain on the system???

Isn't that going to increase demand on the grid even more???

Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking.
    On an RV forum I belong to, there are several vociferous proponents of EV's, and they continuously contend there is no problem with the
    electric grid, and besides the EV's will be mostly charging at night when there is a surplus of capacity. In their eyes if you're not a EV owner,
    you're a Luddite.

I try not to get involved since I actually know little about the electric grid and its condition.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Default Cost Increases

Something to think about when discussing fuel prices. Everything, and I mean everything from Autos to Zucchini, comes to us from truckers moving products. Add 10, 20, or 30% to the delivery cost and guess what happens.....? Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The problem is we are humans with a scope of knowledge determined by our humanity. Our knowledge base is solid for what, about 100 years backward and 10 years forward, with additional narrow streams of knowledge going back maybe 5 to 10 thousand years. When you put that up against natural cycles that may be 100,000 to a million years long, it is rather pretentious that any of us, regardless of our personal viewpoint and vision, can think that we know what the future holds, or even what phase of the current cycle we are in.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    On an RV forum I belong to, there are several vociferous proponents of EV's, and they continuously contend there is no problem with the
    electric grid, and besides the EV's will be mostly charging at night when there is a surplus of capacity. In their eyes if you're not a EV owner,
    you're a Luddite.

I try not to get involved since I actually know little about the electric grid and its condition.
    I do not claim to be any expert when it comes to the electric grid. Just going on recent happenings. I note you are from MO. During the "crises," MO, AR, and TX were given warnings about rolling blackouts. They had some in parts of MO, and AR. We were not affected. And, we all know what happened in TX. The last word was four and a half minutes from total collapse. Had that happened, the comment was that they would have gone without for weeks or more. They have also experienced rolling blackouts and brownouts in CA.

Somethings going on for sure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I thought we have been constantly warned over the last several years about the weather getting warmer? The way I
    remember, back in the 80’s they were warning about another ice age coming.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    A reminder of site rule #2.

Political posts are NOT allowed on the site.

I hate to be the one, but going to have to go back and delete the various posts about parties, names, and that they are the cause of the "new" gas prices. Those being deleted are NOT considered as troublemakers. I consider you all as friends on the site. But...rules, are rules.

IMO: The current debacle with the pricing has to do with "because they can." Politics are not the main cause. Refineries down because of the electric black out, weather crap happening all over, and a good excuse for them to make a quick buck.

Here is Arkansas. It has jumped to $2.44-$2.49 for most of the gas prices we saw yesterday. Going to gas up in about an hour.

And, I for one do miss some of the political discussions we used to have.
    Unfortunately, they all eventually develop into name calling, running down specific people, or parties. The usual result was a close down of the thread.

As my friend Kermit used to say: "It aint easy being green."
    AR posted the last one, but that didn't seem to stop the posts with a political bent that have since been deleted, so here's another reminder people....

Regardless of what your thoughts about any of it might be, on THIS Forum we are not going to let this thread or any stray down the path of getting personal &/or all political.... and just cos we are now posting on a 'new page', it doesn't mean that you can get away with ignoring the previous warning!

This is the second warning in this thread now - if you want to get your digs in on any political party, governor, civic leader, or any particular state or country leader &/or administration, then I'd suggest that you just DON'T DO IT HERE!

Thank you for playing & posting by the rules given to us by the bloke who has very kindly provided this Forum & allowed us all to come on in & share our Spyder/Ryker experiences & knowledge .
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2021 at 11:29 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!