Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I've not heard back yet from my dealer or iMotors on prices for the F3-T and the RT but have a question on the options listed for the F3 on the BRP "build" site. It lists auxiliary lights for $534 but no description nor change in the picture. What is a pulley cover for $209, necessary? (I do minor gravel at times), Tall Boy windshield for $394, I do like wind coverage and dealer agrees I would want taller than stock on the F3. A driver backrest is $400, even more than the RT!! Also the brake linkage and driver footboard I want and is self explanatory. Also a signature light for $179?? I do like maximum day time lighting, don't ride at night much (deer country).

When I add these options to the F3-T I come within a $1000 of the RT MSRP with the options I want on that. No opportunity to ride the RT locally to compare to my brief ride on the 2019 F3-L. Still trying to differentiate the differences, main one seems that the RT is a little more robust in a few options, maybe more element protection in weather and wind? I like location of glove box vs the F3. My upright position of my XMAX is upright and no back pain after 5 hrs. Seemed similar on the RT and F3 although the F3 allows more leg forward with adjustable floorboards even more than the RT. Appreciate all the comments. Will come to conclusion I'm sure once I get prices, etc. Dealer expects models to become more scarce as spring progresses.

The RT being heavier is said to be more stable and less twitchy on the highway. So most likely a more comfortable long distance machine.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    The RT being heavier is said to be more stable and less twitchy on the highway. So most likely a more comfortable long distance machine.
    Thats my thinking also although the dealer felt that the FT, having an open motor space, actually was less twitchy in a crosswind. Not sure its an issue either way as the wind is never from same place for long.

Spyder Garage

Our 2020 F3L has a set of buttons on the tank similar to the ones on the RT (Radio controls, etc). No such on our 2019.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Our 2020 F3L has a set of buttons on the tank similar to the ones on the RT (Radio controls, etc). No such on our 2019.
    I think that was one of the few or only changes. I don't use a lot of voice/sounds on my rides other than when I take breaks. Would need to mount my Zumo XT on either machine. Don't use turn by turn too much as I tend to be outside cities although google maps on phone is still the best for that.

Spyder Garage

Thats my thinking also although the dealer felt that the FT, having an open motor space, actually was less twitchy in a crosswind. Not sure its an issue either way as the wind is never from same place for long.
    We rode in pretty windy conditions yesterday and I had on my new Sedici Sistema II modular helmet. It was a great improvement in the wind verses my Sedici 3/4 with flip down shield. I think wind has more effect on the rider than the machine when you have three wheels on the ground.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Once I did the bajaron swaybar, laser alignment, and threw away the plastic tires, crosswind effect on my 20 RT is minimal if any.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I'm communicating with a dealer. How do I tell them how to check on whether the front sprocket is the newer generation on the RT, the so called late 2021, different color or something? He said it was manufactured 5-20 but they just received it.

Spyder Garage

I'm communicating with a dealer. How do I tell them how to check on whether the front sprocket is the newer generation on the RT, the so called late 2021, different color or something? He said it was manufactured 5-20 but they just received it.
    If it was built 5-20, it has the old sprocket. (most likely, CYA). It's not such a big deal, IMO. The new part is white on the outside.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much.

Spyder Garage

Decision time. Got quotes for both RT and F3-T, after options only little more than a $1000 difference. Haven't counter offered yet. Due to demand not sure dealer will be willing to move much. So far adding $1000 to MSRP (probably shipping/handling, will find out today) and then less $4000 for my trade-in plus $200 (admin?) and 10% off for options. Will get final numbers today including options, OTD price and chance to counter. Did get an offer from dealer some distance away and it was $500 more on the RT and trade-in so maybe this is dealers market.

Riding an RT demo is not possible around here, only an F3-L, it was great but first time on any Spyder. I know no one can tell me which way to go but leaning towards RT for more storage (may not need it), better glove box location below dash, maybe more element protection, heated grips, maybe more robust machine even though 1330 and drive train identical. The F3 seemed slightly more sleek, maybe more modification/oil change access?, slightly more feet forward position with optional floor boards, no LED lights. The remaining RT is in stock although the F3 can be here in a month or less. Just thinking out loud if anyone wants to offer more considerations between the two machines.

Spyder Garage

Decision time. Got quotes for both RT and F3-T, after options only little more than a $1000 difference. Haven't counter offered yet. Due to demand not sure dealer will be willing to move much. So far adding $1000 to MSRP (probably shipping/handling, will find out today) and then less $4000 for my trade-in plus $200 (admin?) and 10% off for options. Will get final numbers today including options, OTD price and chance to counter. Did get an offer from dealer some distance away and it was $500 more on the RT and trade-in so maybe this is dealers market.

Riding an RT demo is not possible around here, only an F3-L, it was great but first time on any Spyder. I know no one can tell me which way to go but leaning towards RT for more storage (may not need it), better glove box location below dash, maybe more element protection, heated grips, maybe more robust machine even though 1330 and drive train identical. The F3 seemed slightly more sleek, maybe more modification/oil change access?, slightly more feet forward position with optional floor boards, no LED lights. The remaining RT is in stock although the F3 can be here in a month or less. Just thinking out loud if anyone wants to offer more considerations between the two machines.
    I think all the machines are great machines although personally I prefer the RTL. Your thread seems to be you have all eyes on the RT line and only considered the F3 line because others recommended it. With prices similar for what you're considering, I'd go with your gut of what would satisfy you more in the long run. Life is too short and these machines are too expensive to not get what you want from the start. I'll be curious if you are able to bargain because my impression is that the demand is just too high for new Spyders that there is little incentive for dealers to bargain. Good luck on your choice!

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I think you are right about the demand. My salesman just called and getting back to me on options and his final price. I did ask about laser alignment and he said their shop does it for $280. He didn't recommend unless I need it after driving it for awhile. One customer had it done on new bike and it was perfectly aligned as it was.

Spyder Garage

I agree with your dealer. I'd ride it awhile before doing any modifications or purchase a lot of accessories...if for anything so you can fully appreciate the benefits of the changes made. When I first bought my Spyder, I was concerned I needed an alignment. Come to find out my tires just needed a little travel on them and my grip needed to loosened a little. I also found, despite the high recommendation from others, I found little need for a new sway bar (although I might do so in the future anyway). The switch from two-wheel motorcycle to Spyder takes a bit of time. There are times I still don't know what to do with my butt and body on a sharp turn.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

I had ATVs off and on in the CO mountains for years so the steering is sort of a non issue for me even coming off a motorcycle.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    ...I found little need for a new sway bar (although I might do so in the future anyway). . There are times I still don't know what to do with my butt and body on a sharp turn.
    The 2020+ RTs don't seem to "need" a sway bar as much as the previous generation did but it's still a nice addition. On a sharp turn (or a curve), plant your outside foot and press your inside knee on the "tank". I've gone through some curves a bit fast and ended up lifting myself off the seat I was planting my outside foot so hard. Surprised the nanny didn't kick in.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you are right about the demand. My salesman just called and getting back to me on options and his final price. I did ask about laser alignment and he said their shop does it for $280. He didn't recommend unless I need it after driving it for awhile. One customer had it done on new bike and it was perfectly aligned as it was.
    I concur about the laser alignment. Ride for a while first. If you find the bike wandering a bit in curves, you probably need an alignment. $280 is way too much for a good ROLO (laser) alignment. I think the "normal" rate is about $150.

Spyder Garage

That is something I can shop around for. I do like this shop if I need them (on expensive side), I think they do good work and I've gotten to know them. I did finalize a deal so I'll be a first time new owner in the Spyder world riding a 2021 (early) RT by the weekend.

Spyder Garage

Congrats! The RT is a bit more refined than the F3 so on those longer tours you'll be pleased.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The 2020+ RTs don't seem to "need" a sway bar as much as the previous generation did but it's still a nice addition. On a sharp turn (or a curve), plant your outside foot and press your inside knee on the "tank". I've gone through some curves a bit fast and ended up lifting myself off the seat I was planting my outside foot so hard. Surprised the nanny didn't kick in.
    My 2020RTL experience was very different. The ride felt on the unstable side for me until I put the bar in. To be fair, I've been riding with a bar for years on my 2010 and 2014, so I probably felt the difference more acutely than somebody who hasn't ridden with one.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Congrats. The 20 RT base with added options is my 1st spyder purchase and I'm happy with it. I think you made a decision that will prove beyond enjoyable and satisfying. As far as price, you may not be able to negotiate much on MSRP, but you may be able to do so on some fees. Those things can add ~$1K to the purchase.
    I don't know your financial situation, whether paying cash or financing. If financing, I'd say finance as little as possible. Pay for any accessories separately(and with cash if you can) from costs of spyder unless you have excellent credit and qualify for a promo rate from BRP or an awesome rate from a credit union. A small item will costs you lots more once you finance it over the course of several years.
    I have the aux and signature lights added to my RT. I also have the fender LED running + signal lights. I plan to add the floorboard lights(probably aftermarket because I haven't determined if the OEMs have turn indicators).
    Anyway, the more you ride, the more you'll appreciate it and have a better idea of things you'd like to change such as sway bar and laser alignment.

Welcome to Spyderville. Gear up, have fun, ryde safely!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    I plan to add the floorboard lights(probably aftermarket because I haven't determined if the OEMs have turn indicators).
    They don't.

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure I have this right - is there a AM/FM option available on the RTL?
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    The RTL has built in FM radio.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crossbowme View Post
    FM ONLY. No AM. No loss there. There are very few AM stations out there anymore.