Spyder Garage

Default Problem pairing iphone 11 to 2020 rt limited

Can't seem to get my phone blue tooth connected on my 2020 limited. Most time will get a code on phone but not on bike, When I do get both codes and pair it will come up failed or sometimes bike will show must start brp connect. Any one run into this? Also when and if I ever get it paired will you be able to receive auto through speaker for music, xm, pod casts ect from the phone?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-01-2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: This is a "How do I?" question not a "How to:" DIY description

Spyder Garage

I had no problem pairing mine but I have a android.

Once paired you can play music, gps & ect. from your phone
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you use the BRP Connect app in the dash you will be able to use either Sygic GPS or Genius Maps along with Dash Radio, FOBO/FOBO 2, Dash radio which can be manipulated while moving whereas Apple Music requires you to be stopped to get music playing. You can choose audio out to speakers or headset.The BRP Connect app has video tutorials as well as Youtube.

If you just want whatever music to play then you'll need a Data Blocker in the cable so it just powers the phone. You need to go into the setting and choose Bluetooth for music. Then, whatever music is playing when you tune the key will play in the bike's system.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, BRP Connect isn't worth the effort to use. Your phone paired with your headset has far more options and is infinitely easier to use and more stable than BRP Connect.

I tried as well, and while I could eventually pair my iPhone 11, nothing worked very well. It is the one thing about the Spyder that they completely failed in, and the software, even years later, is not fit for release.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Is there any way of using "waze" or any other mapping app? Thanks
    "Life is an instant, you are living it right now. Make it count." -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tangyparagon View Post
    Is there any way of using "waze" or any other mapping app? Thanks
    Not though BRP Connect. Just the one odd app they theoretically work with. Even Rever doesn't work, even though they say it does.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only way to use Waze is to mount the phone on the dash and use it to see Waze. You can still connect with bluetooth and enjoy music from phone. You'll need a data blocker in the cable. Controlling the music and phone is difficult with gloved hands. Waze also requires cell service. Both GPS apps don't.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red