Thread: Exhaust....

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust....

Hi Everyone
    This is just an FYI regarding exhaust on your Spyder
    I too have gone and spent a bunch of money only to be disappointed with the sound of
    the mufflers, I have tried several. the 2 Brothers on my Honda ST100 sound fantastic
    but when I got the 2 Brothers unit for my Spyder it was so loud I put the Harley guys to shame..
    Here is what I did you may want to give it a try yourself, I went to my local independent muffler shop
    on a day they were not busy and ask if they would be welling to let me try a few mufflers out on my
    Spyder, ALL were GlassPacks like the Cherry Bomb type from 13 inch (way to damn loud) up to a 30 inch
    I found the 24 inch on my 2008 GS was just right, it gave it a nice LOW MELLOW sound, not super loud and annoying. This type of muffler is just right I had them tack weld it into a 28 inch chrome exhaust tip ( Long Tip ) and weld the hanger mount
    on it on the inside so it could not be seen.. It looked great and sounded better than those $400 units.
    Total cost $95.00..
    So go check out your local independent muffler shop...
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 03-01-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

I used to have a muffler shop and guys would come in with VWs and Honda’s and always wanted them to sound like a 5.0 Mustang (not happening)or guys with Jap bikes would come in wanting them to sound like a Harley (also not happening).We would try many different sizes and styles of mufflers and in the end all they really ended up with was more noise,but for some that was enough.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

That's fine ne dandy if you can actually find a local shop that doesn't have much to do, and is willing to "experiment". Not happening around here in my corner of the world that's for sure. Kudos to those that would do this though. I'm happy with the RLS setup I have. Yeah, it was probably a silly way to spend $350, but in the end, it's all good. I've spent money on worse things.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

For the Spyder, an accessory exhaust is mostly for aesthetics and sound. Until a company does a same day dyno/on the same byke/on the same dyno, nothing will ever be proven on the performance aspect. Heck, I just spent $460 yesterday on a TBR exhaust. I just happen to like the sporty appearance for my F3S. I tend to do some frivolous spending on the Spyder. So be it....

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue