Spyder Garage

Default Where can I get power from for an a/mkt GPS?

where do i get my power from for my after market GPS. Do I need a cigarette lighter plug in???

Spyder Garage

I believe the wiring set up is now found in the glove compartment of your RTS. It is in my F3L.

Just attach the proper cable from the GPS to the plug in and you should be good to go. Lots of handlebar mounts around. Recommend to tether the unit, just in case.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

what year and model spyder. it makes a difference.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

If that is a 2019 RT there is a GPS power source unused behind the fuel tank. Remove the right side tupperware back to the saddle bag. The connector is capped off and clipped into the frame. I cut the leads just short of the connector and spliced onto this switched power source. I put the connector back on the frame, so it stays with the trike(free ride). I used this for my USB dual outlet/volt meter in the switch console actually. My dash camera is plugged in to this.

My phone and Garmin GPS are actually getting their power from a dual USB in the trunk and the wires just run forward under the seat along the left side of the central spine. I can provide pictures of that if you want. I am not sure on our new to us 2018 RT-L if that dual USB is standard or an module plugged into a 12V cigarette outlet. The Garmin is plugged into an USB to cigarette adapter that was there when we bought the used bike.

I use my phone and Google maps more than the GPS. I lay out routes on the desk top and send them to the phone. Open the route on the phone and then save it to a home screen. Our 2020 Ford Edge does not have NAV so I started using this method for nav last summer before we bought the Spyder. You can also say "OK Google" navigate to XYZ(McDonalds) in Globe Arizona and when it comes up push directions, and then start and be off with turn by turn directions in your handset. I do keep a stylus pen velcro'd to the side of the switch panel to dismiss a way point in route. You can see the pen/stylus in picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Link wont work for me.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There were only 2 left when I ordered. Maybe they sold out. Try this address. It worked again for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    If that is a 2019 RT there is a GPS power source unused behind the fuel tank. Remove the right side tupperware back to the saddle bag. The connector is capped off and clipped into the frame. I cut the leads just short of the connector and spliced onto this switched power source. I put the connector back on the frame, so it stays with the trike(free ride).
    Hey there! This is the intel I've been scouring for here in the forum for my 2019 RTL. Can you tell me anything else that would help me identify this connector with certainty?
    How many leads? Just two?
    Do you recall colors of the wires?
    Any details about the shape of the connector you snipped off?

Thanks in advance!
    --
    David in Wa.
    2019 Can-Am Spyder RTL SE6

"The Ride is the reason. The destination is just the excuse."
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

On my 2018 RT, the GPS wiring was two wires. I don't remember what colors they were, but I think they were violet/yellow and black, based on the wiring diagram.
    I purchased these connectors to extend the harness. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014IU2EE2
    2018 RT , Pearl White