Spyder Garage

Default Sena 50S - any advice or updates on them?

Ok so the Sena 50S has been out for a while now, I have read several threads on here that has both pros and cons about them.

After looking at them and the PackTalk Bold I've decided to go with the double pack Sena 50S. So since several of you posted before is there any advise or updates you'd like to share with me? Any do's or don'ts that I need to be aware of? I'm "not" planning to use the BRP Connect by the way.

Should I pair my phone to the bike or to the Sena or both? I want to communicate with my wife and listen to music/Android Auto.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think you made the right choice. You will have some options for music, the 50s has FM built in or you can blue tooth from phone or other device and the 50s has a 3.5 inlet to plug in direct so you can use it to plug in phone or MP3 player direct to headset. As far as talking with the wife the two will come all ready paired so when you mount them to the helmets you will be all set to talk to each other. I have the 30k with the 50s speakers you will love your new headsets. Now if you have never had blue tooth head sets before then you might not know just how good they really are compare to the older ones. You got the best IMHO
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 02-27-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I think you made the right choice. You will have some options for music, the 50s has FM built in or you can blue tooth from phone or other device and the 50s has a 3.5 inlet to plug in direct so you can use it to plug in phone or MP3 player direct to headset. As far as talking with the wife the two will come all ready paired so when you mount them to the helmets you will be all set to talk to each other. I have the 30k with the 50s speakers you will love your new headsets. Now if you have never had blue tooth head sets before then you might not know just how good they really are compare to the older ones. You got the best IMHO
    Thank you, I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once if you can afford it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Thank you, I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once if you can afford it.
    Dave here from Valley Customs motorcycledave.com I am your friendly neighborhoodSENA LOGO.jpeg dealer
    Give me a call I will be happy to help you out, 209-887-3283
    7days a week 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

The 50s is a great choice - best Sena yet. If it's just you and wife, you can just use the default BT intercom and save battery compared to using mesh. You have 2 input channels in addition to the intercom channel so you can pair the RT radio & your phone directly to the 50s. Lots of other pairing options like pair phone to RT then RT to 50s. GPS adds more flavors. Your wife can also pair 2 BT devices to her 50s.

Mesh is an excellent improvement over BT if you're riding with a group. Mesh range, member count, and clarity is better and connecting is idiot-proof. But battery drain means boosting charge at lunch to make it thru a whole day.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White