Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust(ing) options

Well ... The latest bug up my butt is pondering an aftermarket exhaust. I'm currently running a Baldwin Ironworks cat delete pipe and modified baffle on my stock muffler. The two exhausts I'm considering are a RLS Twin Kaos and Two bros S1R. Reading reviews and watching video's, it is quite clear that both are loud. When I first installed my cat delete, I ran the supplied baffle with the end plug installed. The exhaust was slightly louder than stock, with the cat installed. With the plug removed it is about right, but with no baffle, it is a touch too loud for my taste. Now, with my preferred choices.

1.) RLS Twin Kaos: I'd likely run this exhaust with the baffle/end plug installed. If it is too loud, I can always try it with the OEM cat installed. Cost is $460 + $38 shipping = $498 Might need to wait for the next exhaust50 sale. Current wait time is about 20 days. Have to mention that Ricky S has been GREAT answering my inquiries.

2.) Two Bro's S1R: Comes with its own cat delete pipe. Videos show that my baffle will fit in the cat delete pipe. I'd also likely try it first with the baffle/end plug installed. Still too loud? For $28 I could add a Two Bro P1X suppressor tip for another 7db sound reduction. Best cost I found is $442 shipped. If I need a bit more noise reduction, the P1X tip is $28. That makes it about $470

Being in WI, I still have a bit of time before riding. Any input from RLS and Two Bro exhaust users?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

If your existing system is about the right volume for you, then I think/am almost certain that you'll find either/any of those options you describe above will be a fair bit too loud for you!! I'd think that you'd find the RLS system with baffle & the OEM Cat would be closest in volume to your current system, but it'll still be noticeably louder than what you've got now!

As nice as they may look/loud as they may sound, do you really want that much more noise with little other gain?? Why not spend the money you'd spend on the a/mkt exhaust on an ECU Upgrade instead, and get some REAL bang for your bucks - hey, upgrade the air intake side to match the improvements you've already done on the exhaust side, get the ECU tweaked to take advantage of that, and you could step up to the next level of Spyder performance and make it the weapon it should've been from the start!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Agree with Peter, ECU update, is the way to go, I had my spyder tuned, after a cat delete, and an aftermarket Akropovic, which I welded myself. The sound was too loud with Original baffle, but I lenghtened a bit, and tweaked the sound that way. Hell under 3500 rpm, it's a purring kitten, above 3500 rpm it's a lion. Then I let a friend of mine write an tuning, and now the Spyder id performing like a Boss.
    Last sunday went on a ride, and managed to pull out a Ducati (footnote, till 100km/h)

Airintake, is next on the list.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If your existing system is about the right volume for you, then I think/am almost certain that you'll find either/any of those options you describe above will be a fair bit too loud for you!! I'd think that you'd find the RLS system with baffle & the OEM Cat would be closest in volume to your current system, but it'll still be noticeably louder than what you've got now!

As nice as they may look/loud as they may sound, do you really want that much more noise with little other gain?? Why not spend the money you'd spend on the a/mkt exhaust on an ECU Upgrade instead, and get some REAL bang for your bucks - hey, upgrade the air intake side to match the improvements you've already done on the exhaust side, get the ECU tweaked to take advantage of that, and you could step up to the next level of Spyder performance and make it the weapon it should've been from the start!
    Thanks Peter,
    I do have a DynoJet Power Vision 3/K&N air filter installed. I also had a custom data logged fuel/timing map made on my Spyder. If need be, I could also data log and make any corresponding fuel changes. I guess I'm also going for a sportier look, and a deeper tone would be a plus. Still undecided

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Reinstall the cat, then have a long tailpipe made with no baffle, a good fabricator can roll a long stainless or 3/2.5 cone. If 3/2.5 they can color tone it.

If performance is key, and since time permits, remove the entire exhaust from the head to the muffler and get it done with Jet Hot inside and out. Reduce heat and increase performance by retaining heat within the pipe to lessen cooling and subsequent slowing of exhaust flow.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

rls cat delete with baffle stock can nice deep tone

Spyder Garage

Pretty much know that I'm going to stick with my Baldwin cat delete pipe (unless I go with the Two Brothers exhaust) . To maintain back pressure, I'm going to purchase a longer baffle. I'll play around with it by using the plug in the end position, and maybe doing one wind of baffle wrap. The longer baffle offers me wore tweaking options.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Two Bro's installed, along with a modified baffle in the delete pipe. Sounds really nice..

2022 RT Sea To Sky