Spyder Garage

Default Can I use Sena S10 on aftermarket CB?

Hi I have a 2017 Can Am Spyder RTS. I have the aftermarket CB/GPS system in it. Has anyone out there been able to use the Sena S10 to enable the CB to bluetooth to their Sena communication system. I have the 20S EVO and the SRL for Shoei Neotec II. I sure could use some good input on how to get these two systems to work together.
    Thanks, Uncle Bob

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Hi I have a 2017 Can Am Spyder RTS. I have the aftermarket CB/GPS system in it. Has anyone out there been able to use the Sena S10 to enable the CB to bluetooth to their Sena communication system. I have the 20S EVO and the SRL for Shoei Neotec II. I sure could use some good input on how to get these two systems to work together.
    Thanks, Uncle Bob
    Hi Uncle Bob
    Dave here from Valley Customs, I am your friendly neighborhood Spyder Lovers SENA Dealer.SENA LOGO.jpeg
    The part numbers you have listed are not for a two way radio. If you can call me 209-887-3283
    I can help you with this. I am in California same time zone as you, give me a call 9:00AM to 8:00PM
    7 days a week.
    Dave
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Thanks, Uncle Bob
    What after market CB/GPS unit do you have?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If you have the J&M JMCB-2003 radio Sierra Electronics has an adapter cable to connect the Sena Freewire BT adapter to the J&M radio. The Freewire should work with your 20S headset. It's made to replace a wired connection to a helmet headset with a BT connnection. Check out the Freewire on the Sena website, especially the user's manual. The Freewire uses a proprietary protocol and so is compatible only with certain 10 series Sena headsets. I don't know that Dave has the Sierra cable but he does have the Freewire.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use the Sena SR10 with a Midland 75822 CB. Works great. I also use the SR10 PTT button which makes it better. Just need the right cable for the CB you're using.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If you have the J&M JMCB-2003 radio Sierra Electronics has an adapter cable to connect the Sena Freewire BT adapter to the J&M radio. The Freewire should work with your 20S headset. It's made to replace a wired connection to a helmet headset with a BT connnection. Check out the Freewire on the Sena website, especially the user's manual. The Freewire uses a proprietary protocol and so is compatible only with certain 10 series Sena headsets. I don't know that Dave has the Sierra cable but he does have the Freewire.
    SENA makes the FreeWire Only for the Harley and GoldWing. all he needs is the SENA SR10 & the appropriate cable.
    also it is much lower in price than the FreeWire.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    SENA makes the FreeWire Only for the Harley and GoldWing. all he needs is the SENA SR10 & the appropriate cable.
    also it is much lower in price than the FreeWire.
    To be more accurate, Sena makes the harnesses to connect the Freewire to the bike intercom and power only for HD and GW. Sierra Electronics makes, or has made for them, the necessary harness to connect a J&M radio to a Freewire adapter. The Freewire transmits all of the J&M audio to the helmet headset. The big difference between the two is the Freewire transmits stereo audio to the helmet headset and the SR10 transmits mono only.

Uncle Bob never has come back to say what CB unit he has and wants to connect to his headset. If it's something like a handheld then the SR10 would be the better choice. But if his radio is a J&M with stereo audio pass through capability, and he wants to maintain that, then the Freewire is the better choice.

2014 Copper RTS