Spyder Garage

Default Is anyone using Pedalbox?

Anyone using it? seems to be an accelerator tuner like the pedal commander but in a much cleaner package.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know about a "much cleaner package". The Pedal Commander is pretty small. The design is different but I wouldn't call it cleaner. I like adjustability that I can readily see. It sort of concerns me that the version with the app is $50 more. The Pedal Commanders app is free. The cost of the Pedal Commander is the same as the BASE Pedalbox and there are sales on the Pedal Commander quite a bit. I got mine from Slingmods and only paid $250.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I cannot find the Can Am on any web site that has Pedalbox. Got a link?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greg1867 View Post
    That's not where the google took me . THX. Looks to be the same as the Pedal Commander from Sling Mods. What it does is tell your bike the throttle has been twisted "more" than physically it has been. The other end of the throttle is dead space. 1/4 turn is a half turn etc. If you turn it more than half way, the rest of the way does nothing at all.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"What are the benefits of the PedalBox and why don’t the manufacturers offer their vehicles with improved response as standard?
    Firstly, vehicle manufacturers will standardise many of the vehicle’s features in order to appeal to a wider audience. Secondly, the ECU will adapt the engines performance to suite the driver according to their driving style. For example if someone constantly drives at full throttle, the ECU will receive a lot more high speed signals from the throttle cluster and thus make the engines performance a lot more dynamic. However, its difficult to maintain this driving behavior under normal daily driving conditions, so the ECU gradually returns the car back to the more sluggish standard feel. This is where the PedalBox comes into play, simply plug it in, select one of the 3 modes and your vehicle is a more responsive and dynamic machine once again. And what’s more, the new memory function remembers the last setting you used, so you don’t have to!"
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Old post but here's my experience with PedalBox. I purchased it from their website. Delivery from Germany was very fast via DHL. It was at my door within days. After a couple days, I got to install it which was super easy. After following the instructions, I started the bike. The Check Engine light came on and then Limp Mode. Uninstall the Box and the 2021 F3 is good again. Install it and same as before. I repeated this numerous times with the same result. So I call Pedalbox stateside who said the Tech Team would call me in 48 hours. I found that odd so def not like DynoJet. They said it would be hard to diagnose the problem without the trouble code. So I figured out how to get the code and called back to let them know it was P0223. Got voice mail and left the message. 48 hours passed with no call so I sent an email. No response. Next I called and got voice mail. I forget how many times I contacted them and got nowhere as another week passed.
    I then filed a dispute with PayPal and, after a few days with no response, I filed a complaint with Oregon's AG Consumer Protection. Finally, I sent a message from the contact form on the parent company website in Germany to let them know what I thought of their company. That got a response from Germany thru PayPal. They told me to contact the Sales Director in the US. He said that he'd been out for a week due to a death in the family and that I should send the unit back. Odd since I was contacting Customer Service all that time with no response. And what happened to the Tech Team? I paid to send it back the defective product. No return label was offered.
    The next week I received a voice mail saying Accounting issued a refund and if I didn't receive it in a couple days then the problem is with my bank. Well I didn't receive it in a couple days. In the meantime, OR AG contacted me. They were ready to close the case since the Sales Director said they issued a refund. I told the AG that I didn't have a receipt or the money and PayPal doesn't have it either. Thanks to the AG, I got the refund the following day. YMMV but my experience was the pits. Never again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    Old post but here's my experience with PedalBox. I purchased it from their website. Delivery from Germany was very fast via DHL. It was at my door within days. After a couple days, I got to install it which was super easy. After following the instructions, I started the bike. The Check Engine light came on and then Limp Mode. Uninstall the Box and the 2021 F3 is good again. Install it and same as before. I repeated this numerous times with the same result. So I call Pedalbox stateside who said the Tech Team would call me in 48 hours. I found that odd so def not like DynoJet. They said it would be hard to diagnose the problem without the trouble code. So I figured out how to get the code and called back to let them know it was P0223. Got voice mail and left the message. 48 hours passed with no call so I sent an email. No response. Next I called and got voice mail. I forget how many times I contacted them and got nowhere as another week passed.
    I then filed a dispute with PayPal and, after a few days with no response, I filed a complaint with Oregon's AG Consumer Protection. Finally, I sent a message from the contact form on the parent company website in Germany to let them know what I thought of their company. That got a response from Germany thru PayPal. They told me to contact the Sales Director in the US. He said that he'd been out for a week due to a death in the family and that I should send the unit back. Odd since I was contacting Customer Service all that time with no response. And what happened to the Tech Team? I paid to send it back the defective product. No return label was offered.
    The next week I received a voice mail saying Accounting issued a refund and if I didn't receive it in a couple days then the problem is with my bank. Well I didn't receive it in a couple days. In the meantime, OR AG contacted me. They were ready to close the case since the Sales Director said they issued a refund. I told the AG that I didn't have a receipt or the money and PayPal doesn't have it either. Thanks to the AG, I got the refund the following day. YMMV but my experience was the pits. Never again.
    Just wondering if you did the throttle tune when you installed it. I have had no problems at at, just smiles.

Spyder Garage

I think Martinthebloger has done a clip on both these units! I think he's selling the pedalbox unit because of the water resistance of the unit. The pedal commander needs to be stowed away where it's out of the rain or buy there water proof box! This whole thing to me seems good to me, but I am one to not to reinvent the wheel, because I have seen to many times where it mucks the system up and causes troubles, I hate troubles!!! Good Luck to all that have done it, Enjoy the ride!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi guys, yup I sell the PedalBox,... please do not compare PEDALBOX you can get from States from any crazy website, to mine.
    We are using our own map that is done in Germany and that is the Alpha and OMEGA of our success,. its like having brownie from Wallmart and from your GrandMum..
    We have tuned it for months.. and we did not have any problem what so ever.!

But both units are FUN. And why I sell the PedalBox ... well, you know I am always honest,. and we did not agree with Slingmods,. that was the first case,. second case is that PedalBox is error code free if you have the right setup - map,.. third,... i dont know.. i just like the smoothness.. PedalCommander is more aggressive.
    and yes, all i have to do is to seal one port to have the possibility to have in on my barclamp.
    actually one more thing.. PedalBox works on 998 engines as well
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...-rotax-engines
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...-rotax-engines
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...grade-PedalBox

Spyder Garage

I have a Pedal Commander on my RT above the speaker grille. It is not covered and I've ridden through many hours of drenching downpours without any problem. Not sure why folks seem to believe it's not rain-proof. I'll admit that I haven't attempted to ride under water so maybe that's when the 'problem' occurs.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Its not WP, but it will not break i believe in the small rain. however at least seal the USB port,. just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    I have a Pedal Commander on my RT above the speaker grille. It is not covered and I've ridden through many hours of drenching downpours without any problem. Not sure why folks seem to believe it's not rain-proof. I'll admit that I haven't attempted to ride under water so maybe that's when the 'problem' occurs.

Spyder Garage

Anyone using it? seems to be an accelerator tuner like the pedal commander but in a much cleaner package.
    Absolutely amazing difference on otherwise stock 2014 st-s 998cc with PedalBox from https://www.martinthevlogger.com/shop

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl