Spyder Garage

Default air ride - hints on how to adjust?

I'm seeing post where people talk about adjusting the setting for the rear air ride, but I don't see that option on my 16' RTL screen. Any hints how it's done? I have also never heard it air up or down.

Spyder Garage

you have the LTD, has auto level system. there is a 1 button of 4 right below the handlebars. the icon on screen doesn't stay on all the time. once pressed, with engine running and in gear, (prefer to be moving), compressor will air it up to level set. can go from low to high. if everything is connected(ride height lever, from swingarm to frame) and preforming correctly, it will keep the level you last chose. there is a chance compressor is bad or you might have leaks in system lines or fittings.
    there is a sliding scale on screen when button is pressed and stays on for maybe 30 seconds to show level its at
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Thank

you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As Woodaddict says, there is a switch on the dash to control the suspension. It is labeled "Soft" and "Hard", which is a bit of a misnomer. Since it is auto-leveling, the pressure does not change much, but the volume does, which makes it ride higher or lower. A higher ride would be better on rougher roads because it provides more travel.

To see if it is working, you have to have the engine running, transmission NOT in Neutral and the parking brake OFF. If you are not on perfectly level ground, chock a wheel so it doesn't roll. Press the Soft/Hard switch to 'wake up' the system so the slider shows along the edge of the screen. Note the position of the indicator. If it is near the middle, press either Soft or Hard and move the slider to that extreme. You should hear the compressor kick in or air bleed off, depending on which way you went.

The likely reason you have not heard it before is because by the time you have the engine running, transmission not in Neutral and the brake OFF, you are moving, so there are plenty of other sounds that will cover up the bike's sounds.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    I'm seeing post where people talk about adjusting the setting for the rear air ride, but I don't see that option on my 16' RTL screen. Any hints how it's done?...
    Pg 59-60 of your operator's guide.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S