Spyder Garage

Default What side do you put your Phone holder? Left or right?

Hi.
    New to my spyder Might be dumb question but on what side left or right do you people put your phone holder

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Phone Holder

Welcome to Spyder Forum. Do you already have a phone holder? If not, check out the 'ones' sold by Motorcycle Dave.

As for placement on your Spyder you have 3 good choices: left handle, right handle or in the middle. For me I put my cell phone in the trunk.......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In the middle. My cell phone is integrated into my Sena intercom system so I can make and receive calls hands-free. My phone's turn-by-turn GPS messages also come through the Sena system. M/C Dave has got it all. All but the phone that is.

Spyder Garage

I like mine in the middle using a Tackform mount.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got mine in the middle using Lamonster products.

Spyder Garage

I won't use it going down road I just use it for navigation

Spyder Garage

Mine is also in the middle.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have mine in the left hand side. Fab'd a mount using one of these(different highlight color). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took my heat gun and opened up the bar clamp, #10 thread rod from Ace, heat shrink tubing, and coupler nut. Cut off a normal nut thickness piece of the couple nut with dremel cut off wheel, as it fit the plastic hex hole in the handle bar clamp. Coupler nut sticks out the other side so it can be tighten. This holder gets high ratings in reviews for it's secure holding of the phone.

Did a drink holder with a cheapy WM holder also.

I keep a rubber tip stylist pen velcro'd to the right of the dash switches to operate the phone with gloves on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

If you're only using the phone for nav, the center is best for viewing. If you use the other phone features, the left side is best but you'll need touch sensitive gloves or stylus to operate it.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I keep a rubber tip stylist pen velcro'd to the right of the dash switches to operate the phone with gloves on.
    That's a simple yet brilliant idea. I've got one of those stylists aswell but I've been using the springy "cable" it came with. If I don't tuck it in somewhere, I'm afraid it will get in the way of my steering and it tough to find a place to securely tuck it in. Looks like I'm going to put some velcro on it. Again, simple but brilliant.

Spyder Garage

I agree with RayBJ...If you use your phone for more than gps then the left side is always going to be better because also the right hand is your throttle so you really not wanting to move that one to much...lol phoneholder2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kennygee View Post
    I agree with RayBJ...If you use your phone for more than gps then the left side is always going to be better because also the right hand is your throttle so you really not wanting to move that one to much...lol phoneholder2.jpg
    No on cruise control I use my right hand to tell google maps NAV to forget a waypoint that I passed by. Being a righty I can do that quickly.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I heard that....

Spyder Garage
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My phone is paired to the phone app on my Zumo and is in a jacket pocket or plugged in in the trunk. Like Cirhere I don't answer it when on the road, even if it's from my bride; she knows it and has no complaint with my decision.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Water holder on the left, GPS on right and phone under it. Both require to be touched duing a ride and I use the left hand. Right hand would require setting speed controls. I use my phone for XM radio via BT. I also run a USB cord from front storage pocket (2020 RTL) to keep it charge. This setup places the GPS screen a little to my right and almost eye level. Easy to see