Spyder Garage

Default My season has started

Last week (14 - 21 Jan or so) we had the worst weather ever recorded in North Louisiana. 14 degrees day and night, heavy snow followed by sleet. Then suddenly, it got to be 75 F days and 45 F at night. Literally a one day change in weather. I admire Yankees who wear T-shirts when it is only 50. Standard for Northern states but for us, it stopped life. It was a stay at home with the heat set on Ultra Super Hot High. Yesterday, (Tuesday) I put my full gear on and hit the pavement. Just rode to Longview, TX (150 miles) but it was a ride. I still get belt vibration about 80 - 85 when the engine loads going up hill. It's going to be 75 again today but I have things to do. But Thursday........... I know folks in the northern climate want to ride. I hope it happens soon...

Spyder Garage

You guys in the southern states actually got colder than we did up here during that storm. So glad you are back to normal temps and got to ride!!!

Can hardly wait here in PA for riding weather... BUT won't take my bike out until Spring rains wash away the chemical spray put on roads to help prevent snow accumulation.
    Ride Safe,
    Gina J

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm taking a 1/2 day off today (in about 20 minutes). I was going to ride who knows where for a few hours but I'm coming up on 3k miles and want the initial service to be done @ the stealer so.......my ride today will consist of an hour to the stealer (on a boring road), waiting (3) hours whilst they do whatever they do then another hour home (on the same boring road). Probably not much time for anything else as I have stuff to do this evening.

Sorry most of the country had such crappy weather the past few weeks. We got some icing down here but not much. For the most part, NC doesn't salt/brine the roads so any day where the roads are dry is a good day to ride. Believe me, I feel your pain. I spent most of my life in northern Indiana so I KNOW what winter is like. One of the reasons why I moved down here a few years ago was to escape winter.

Spyder Garage

One state North of you. We moved from Alaska two years ago. Thought we were out of that stuff.

That cold snap pretty much set records for us in Arkansas.

Last year, I got to ride every day but two. This year, the bikes were parked for a couple weeks. 74 yesterday, we are riding again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

What is this season you speak of? although it was cold yesterday only 68 degrees! I ride everyday here in SUNNY Arizona! LOL

Spyder Garage

Every day? I have a daughter in Fountain Hills and keep track of the temps. I'm guessing she doesn't have a tan because when it's summer, it's AC time. But, she did say the mountains were a half hour away.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Yep mountains are right in my backyard..summer riding in morning only..but I do ride to work everyday..It's only hot around 4pm then it cools overnight