Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018/19 Entertainment cable routing

When the dealer installed the Tri-Axis bars the Spyder Tech supervised as she had a broken shoulder. Helped with the removal and install of the new bars but left the re-assemble to the lacky that had never worked on a Spyder before.

I had to wait and watch for 3 hours and actually went into the service area to tell him how things should go back together. I got home and found the glove box stuck. Took things apart and found some missing bolts and bolts/screws in the wrong place.

Recently I installed a garage door opener switch and noticed two bolts missing that mount the fairing to the frame. See picture. I got some M6 hex head flange bolts and put them in.

Now for the PROBLEM

Now the entertainment cable is not working all the time. I have phone power and BRP Connect sometimes and when I hit bumps in the road I lose it. It comes and goes depending on the road.

MY QUESTON - Does anyone know how the cable is routed and where to look for it? I'm not eager to remove the fairing and my only other choice is to have a dealer (not the one that did it) figure it out.

The bolt being pointed at is one of two I was missing.

50E9949F-BAD2-4B64-B1EA-B7CD37B49766_1_201_a.jpg

Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

The problem began at your second paragraph. Take the Spyder back to the dealership that mucked it up and require that they fix it on their nickel.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The problem began at your second paragraph. Take the Spyder back to the dealership that mucked it up and require that they fix it on their nickel.
    Unfortunately it was 3 years ago and all they will tell me is leave it and we'll get to it in a month or two and it will depend on whether is a warranty thing or not. Also, this was a bad experience and I don't want another. I ride 105 miles to get it worked on rather than 22 because I won't touch this dealer. Thanks
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, It's a b***h when the local dealership in poor. We had one with an excellent service dept five miles from my home but it was sold and purchasing dealership didn't pick up the Can-Am line so I drive 90 one way to the dealership where I bought it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S