Spyder Garage

Question 2021 RTL - pre-wired for 12v Outlet in Frunk?

Is the 2021 RTL (Sea to Sky) prewired for a 12 volt outlet in the frunk.
    I thought I read some where that it was but I can't find the wires.
    I noticed there are two holes in the liner just above the battery. I took out the rubber stopper in one of these and passed through my Noco battery tender cable. Now I just need to find a rubber grommet for that hole. I would like to put a 12 volt outlet in the other hole.
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

The 12v outlet is in the rear topbox, not in the frunk. If you're looking for power for heated gear (high current) you'll need to connect to battery, preferably via a relay. If you just need to light up a GPS, phone, etc., use the GPS wire on the right side in front of the Brake reservoir.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

On my bike the outlet in the trunk is two USB ports, not 12 volt.
    I would like a 12 volt outlet in the frunk, which I see other Spyders have, for powering my tire inflator if need be. I noticed on the Can Am parts site that the self 12 volt outlets for the frunk for years prior to 2020. I have an outlet I bought that fits the holes in the frunk just fine. If there are no existing wires I can run some to the battery myself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twidget View Post
    ...I would like a 12 volt outlet in the frunk, which I see other Spyders have, for powering my tire inflator if need be...
    On my Spyder the wires for the 12V receptacle I have in the back wall of the frunk were sitting behind the frunk and the technician had to fish them through the I think it was a knockout plug in the frunk wall, to wire and attach the receptacle. If you run your own wires directly to the battery you should also use an in-line fuse.

If you intend to have this 12V source be primarily for powering your emergency compressor you need to be certain that the wiring is capable of handling the current load. I use the fused pigtail for my Battery Tender Jr. to power my emergency. compressor.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a link to a 2021 frunk removal video?

Spyder Garage

Why remove the frunk? All that you have to do to attach a battery tender cable is unzip the liner, remove two 10mm bolts that hold the cover on over the battery and there it is. In preping mine, they cut a small notch in the right side oblong plug and plugged it back in with the tender cable passing through it. The battery connectors are right there behind the cover.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

IF the 2021 STS has wires for a 12V frunk receptacle the frunk itself should not have to be removed to get to them. Yes, you have to remove the battery door but the wires should be right there, to the left side, the real left side, of the battery opening.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S