Spyder Garage

Question RT Rear Panel Storage

I just picked up my Sea to Sky last weekend.

It came with the rear panel that you can put on if you take the truck off.

I was just wondering how folks store that. It there a case or container that people put it in to protect it?

Also, if you do take the trunk off is there a good way that someone uses to store that as well?

Thanks
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I leave mine on a metal shelf above my washer/dryer. I wrap it in some thin closed cell foam I had one of my aftermarket windscreens wrapped in. It's out of the way and being on a top shelf, never gets bumped and it's always there when needed.

AFAIK, there's nothing available to hang your top case when you're not using it. I don't take mine off the bike often but when I do, I just set it on the floor out of the way and cover it up with an old towel.

Spyder Garage

Damn thing is an awkward size, so I wrapped it in a quilt and store it in my office, far from anywhere it might have an accident. Don't ask where I put my top case when I'm using the rear cover. That thing is HUGE. YIKES!
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

If I was in the OP's position I would find one of those pulley raise/lower storage platform/rack appliances that could be installed in the garage ceiling and would cover it with a mover's blanket.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twidget View Post
    I just picked up my Sea to Sky last weekend.

It came with the rear panel that you can put on if you take the truck off.

I was just wondering how folks store that. It there a case or container that people put it in to protect it?

Also, if you do take the trunk off is there a good way that someone uses to store that as well?

Thanks
    Here is what you do. You can thank me later. Tell your spouse that panel is rare and expensive and needs to be stored in a box. It should fit nicely in a box for a 75" or 85" OLED TV which you now have to buy to get the box. Logic says a smaller box will work but you want to be safe......

On a serious note. I worked in the panel when I bought my RTL. I thought it would be nice to change up the look once in a while. I took two large boxes I had from a Chewy's order and flatted them. I then sandwiched the panel in-between them and taped the edges. It protects it well. I have it sitting upright behind a cabinet in the garage. When the top case is off I I just wrap it in a old moving blanket and sit it on a shelf.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

The Mrs. is a quilter, so I have a custom-made vinyl bag lined w/ "warm & natural" quilt batting (on the painted side); I store it on a shelf in my shop.

With different circumstances, I would consider a large teri beach or bath towel folded over, whipstitched (did I just say that) or otherwise fastened at the edges. Store on (forked) end out of the way.

Spyder Garage

I keep my top box on a shelf in the garage covered with a blanket.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

A smallish flannel pillow case would work well for the cover. Maybe even one inside that other as they come in sets most of the time.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Cloth bag. Flamingo babe made us one last year. Not a scratch! The top case needs a big box, and soft padding.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I finally found the perfect solution for me.
    I put the rear panel in the Styrofoam bag the dealer gave it to me in and then I put that bag in a Christmas wreath bag.
    The 30" wreath bag is the perfect size and it's nice and sturdy. Also thanks to the carry handles I can hang it on the wall in my garage up out of the way were it's safe. And bonus, the bag color matches my Sea to Sky.
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

Anyone have the p/n for the trim panel ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
    Anyone have the p/n for the trim panel ?
    cheapcycle parts.com you can find it there, punch in your year and mod
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I tried that. I must not have done it correctly. TY. Mike

Spyder Garage

Ordered it today from my dealer. Gives me a very nice military discount so no complaints.