Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL saddlebag panel screw push pin replacement

I am looking for some help! I removed all the Tupperware on my 2020 RTL to access the brake connectors to add several lighting mods. I had to drill out the threaded push pins on the saddlebag panels as they were a Phillips head and they just spun in place. I purchased new threaded push pin fasteners at my local auto store and they also just spun in place and did not work. Has anyone used well nuts successfully in place of these worthless push pins? Any other replacement ideas for these screw push pins would be appreciated! TIA

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with the factory "push pins". My solution: (if the "outside" was intact upon removal), toss the nylon screw and replace with a 8-32x1" stainless buttonhead; don't over-tighten. If the outside is damaged, you may have to buy a new push-pin.

Keep in mind that fastening flexilble parts on any vehicle with a bolt/nut combination locks them against one-another and MAY cause those parts to crack.

Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Hi Dave it’s Tina!! We spoke on the phone I can’t figure out how to create a post any secrets?

Spyder Garage

Fixed! I went and bought #8-32 1 and 1/4 inch stainless steel buttonhead screws for the plastic push pin bases and threw out the plastic screws. This solved the problem and I buttoned up the bike today and am ready to ryde! Thank you spyderdave! I went with the slightly longer screws but both will work.