Spyder Garage

Default What Tires for a Tear drop trailer?

I acquired a used teardrop trailer to pull behind my spyder. Tires are as old as trailer 2009. I know they need replacing but I don’t want to short change myself but I also don’t want to spend money i don’t need to. Anyone here have some recommendations. I sort of think I need at least R speed rating. P might do, but we’ll be traveling across country. What considerations should I make? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Removed prefix - This is not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....

Spyder Garage

Take the tire size off the old tires and begin searching brands on the internet. Look at the specs and prices of candidates and make your choice. Look on the internet and see if the manufacturer has a web site; if so call and ask them what tires they're installing on new model(s).
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Take the tire size off the old tires and begin searching brands on the internet. Look at the specs and prices of candidates and make your choice. Look on the internet and see if the manufacturer has a web site; if so call and ask them what tires they're installing on new model(s).
    Quite awhile back I checked out tires Specifically for trailers ... There are quite a range available in various sizes ..... and strengths based on number of PLIES .... they have Radial types also ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I've never purchased anything from them, but Recstuff.com specializes in trailer tires and other accessories.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]