Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    To get the torque necessary don't spend money on a 3/4" torque wrench. Get a torque multiplier wrench and use your 1/2" drive torque wrench. This is what I have and used, or one like it. https://www.amazon.com/Wheel-Torque-...5155005&sr=8-5
    I just looked at the description on Amazon for the wrench. It says the wrench needs to be used 90° to the torque wrench. That is true if you plan to read the required directly on the wrench. If you attach the wrench in line with the torque wrench then the real torque on the nut will be torque wrench reading divided by torque wrench length and then multiplied by total length of the two wrenches.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I also have the "whine" at 48-52 mph and vibrations at approx 72mph. I have a F3 T 2020. I called dealer and he is not that concerned! Its driving me crazy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandman53 View Post
    I also have the "whine" at 48-52 mph and vibrations at approx 72mph. I have a F3 T 2020. I called dealer and he is not that concerned! Its driving me crazy.
    He's not concerned because it's not a safety issue. It's only an annoyance and only for some. I can barely hear the whine and not at all when I've got the tunes on. I cured the vibration with one of Lamonsters belt tensioners.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    Most people make it sound very easy to set the belt tension. I guess I am missing something. Please correct me, but you have to lossen the axle nuts-correct? Aren't they torqued at over 200 ft lbs?
    Saw this whilst poking about in the forum....I guess 166 is the 'new' number. But regardless, I've watched a video where the guy uses an open end/box wrench cut in half to loosen the nut! No way are you going to undo 166 ft # of torque with half a wrench! I happen to own a 1/2 drive torque wrench that goes to 200 # (I bought it for the axe nuts on a Ryker) and it works well since it is about 28" long.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

If you value your torque wrench ---- please don't use it to loosen tight nuts or bolts. Get a breaker bar ( even one from Harbour Freight).

You don't have to believe me about this. Just research the proper uses of these measuring instruments.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow