Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone done Comparo between post '20 RT and F3T Spyders

There is a big lack of Spyder dealers of any consequence here in New Mexico------Unfortunately.

Has anyone done a comparison between the two '20 + Spyder models. Love the look of both models, have no place here in NM to look-touch-feel-and test ride the two models. Would love to read some good impressions between the two.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

For me, sitting on them was key. I was all set to get the RT until i sat on it, and was not all that comfortable. Sitting on the F3 was totally different for me. I spent two hours at the dealership just going back and forth sitting on them and ended up with the F3L. Very happy. Others have had the opposite experience, so YMMV.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    For me, sitting on them was key. I was all set to get the RT until i sat on it, and was not all that comfortable. Sitting on the F3 was totally different for me. I spent two hours at the dealership just going back and forth sitting on them and ended up with the F3L. Very happy. Others have had the opposite experience, so YMMV.
    the two Machines have a lot in common but are very different. I like the RT much better and do under stand why some one would like the F3 more. The Trim levels are very different also i.e. seating, foot pegs - footboards and windshield. So you can do a search on line and see the differences between the two but you really need to take a day trip if needed to see them in person and sit on each. Good Luck shopping.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I'm 5'11" 185lbs. I ride long distance, 1-up - typically 6 - 14 day loops. I test rode both 2020 models - F3T & RT base (both w/bags but no topcase). The F3 is sportier & sits a little lower than RT but lacks the adjustments & features the RT gives me. The RT's long floor boards let me stretch out like a cruiser or tuck under like a sport tourer. The electric screen is great for varying speeds/temps on the fly and the wider fairing helps in the cold/wet. My primary reason for picking the RT was the floor boards letting me move my legs wherever.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I am female, 5'5", 135#. I have just purchased the 2021 RT Ltd.. will take delivery this coming Wednesday.
    I sat back/forth on both models sitting side-by-side on the showroom floor and found the RT fine for me ...plus it has all the bells and whistles.
    However, the friend with me that day is 6', 220#and says he thought he liked the F3's sitting position a little better.
    Don't know... maybe a person's size has to do with the comfort level they feel.
    But for sure, as previously suggested here, you REALLY REALLY need to get to a dealer somewhere and compare for yourself.
    Best of luck to you...

I would add that I come from many years of various 2-wheel bikes... and most recently a 2008 Gold Wing Motor Trike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply's, helps a lot.

Pooch, Kerrville, Tx I see. My family has had a place on the South Fork one mile west of Hunt since 1923. Spent every Summer of my life thru college there. Love the Texas Hill Country.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I took the rider training program even though I didn’t need the endorsement part of it to try out the variants. Ended up mainly using an RTL then so arranged for a test ride of an F3L at a local dealer. Maybe if I had used the more forwards ufit settings for the F3 I would have liked it. The RT floorboards are sweet on the 20+ variants. So echoing what others have said, it’s something very important to try both out before making an expensive mistake.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About 5'6" here, th F3 just did not work for my reach, although the low seat was a prefereence. So finally, the RT was my pick and most suitable for the wife.