Spyder Garage

Default Turning the lights on without starting the engine?

Hello,

is there a way to turn the headlights on without starting the engine on the ST?

Most of my Spyder is now taken appart (so it won't start) but I'd like to adjust my headlight beams.

Thanks!
    2015 ST-S SE5 , Blue & orange

Spyder Garage

I would think a person could throw a jumper in there and put 12 volts direct to the bulbs!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Not that I know of. Somewhere I read that because of the current draw the engine has to be running > 800 rpm. I also don't know about the ST, but FWIW I recommend not starting the engine until you have all the electrical connections back together. After I changed the plugs on my Spyder at the 56K service, for which I had the frunk removed, I wanted to test run the engine and when I did so it promptly threw two codes that, although I understood them, couldn't figure out why. Turned out when I had every all back together they disappeared; one of the connections to the lights was the culprit. When I mentioned it to the dealership tech at a tire change visit he chuckled and said, "They do that," and cleared the inactive codes from memory with B.U.D.S.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

thank you!

So I'll just wait for the engine to be usable, no big deal. I was just wondering.
    2015 ST-S SE5 , Blue & orange