Spyder Garage

Default Is this expensive for an Extended Warranty?

Hey All Spyder Rider's,

I am looking at purchasing a 2021 Spyder RT limited and was at the dealership going over the dreaded DEAL. They are quoting me almost $2,400.00 for an extended warranty from RPM1. That seems very high?? Also, they are quoting almost the same price for a 3 year service plan that is also through RPM1, these prices seem high to me. Please let me know what your experience is with these prices. Thank you in advance!! Greg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrea View Post
    Hey All Spyder Rider's,

I am looking at purchasing a 2021 Spyder RT limited and was at the dealership going over the dreaded DEAL. They are quoting me almost $2,400.00 for an extended warranty from RPM1. That seems very high?? Also, they are quoting almost the same price for a 3 year service plan that is also through RPM1, these prices seem high to me. Please let me know what your experience is with these prices. Thank you in advance!! Greg
    RUN!!! As fast and as far as you can. Tell them you’ll get your own warranty from another dealer if the price on the machine is good enough to buy from them. NO WAY WOULD I PAY THAT FOR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY! Hope I wasn’t unclear lol
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

One hyphenated word--RIP-OFF. You should be buying the BEST warranty from BRP. Note, you have two years to buy it. RPM is not a good deal.

You can add the BEST warranty by calling any dealer. My recommendation--Tom Palmer at iMotorsports. They do an extended 3 year BEST warranty for $671. You have to buy the extended before the regular warranty expires. Big difference from your RPM quote.

PS: iMoto also takes trade in's and will deliver your new RTL to your door. I have now purchased two F3L from them in the last year. I will be picking up a BEST three year extension in August of this year on my 2019 purchased in 2020. If your dealer is starting with almost a $2K ripoff....I would at least get a quote from iMoto. For a salesman...ask for Orlando Rios. I have dealt with him on both deals.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-20-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    RUN!!! As fast and as far as you can. Tell them you’ll get your own warranty from another dealer if the price on the machine is good enough to buy from them. NO WAY WOULD I PAY THAT FOR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY! Hope I wasn’t unclear lol
    Shop around. You can get the BRP Best warranty for 3 years for less than $700.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Of course, if you wanted to be thoroughly polite you could tell the rip-off salesperson you always like to see the gun when you are about to be the victim of armed robbery. I believe iMotorsports is the current low price leader at about $671 for a three year B.E.S.T. extended warranty.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrea View Post
    Hey All Spyder Rider's,

Better check your Spyder deal also. Hope it is not Ride Now Sports. They are the worst and biggest rip offs in the business. At least get another quote on the Spyder to compare. The warranty is laughable. If you are sure you need one get the BEST extended warranty. I never get an extended warranty on anything and have saved tons of money. If I ever do need to pay out of pocket I take it out of all the money I have saved on never buying an extended warranty on anything. Think this thing through.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

$736.00 is what I paid for BEST!!!!!! I got burned the first time and paid twice that much on my first spyder-thanks to this forum I did not get burned on my 2021!!!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Better Price

You should probably contact another Dealer and get a quote. If it was me. Just my 2.
    Good Luck with your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    One hyphenated word--RIP-OFF. You should be buying the BEST warranty from BRP. Note, you have two years to buy it. RPM is not a good deal.

You can add the BEST warranty by calling any dealer. My recommendation--Tom Palmer at iMotorsports. They do an extended 3 year BEST warranty for $671. You have to buy the extended before the regular warranty expires. Big difference from your RPM quote.

PS: iMoto also takes trade in's and will deliver your new RTL to your door. I have now purchased two F3L from them in the last year. I will be picking up a BEST three year extension in August of this year on my 2019 purchased in 2020. If your dealer is starting with almost a $2K ripoff....I would at least get a quote from iMoto. For a salesman...ask for Orlando Rios. I have dealt with him on both deals.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd while you'r on the phone with Mr Palmer ( IMotorsports ) ask what He will sell you a Spyder for ..... PS< they also ship for FREE ..... good luck .... Mike