Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question Wingding, Lamonster, Arkansas Pigtail... ride suggestions?!

Suggestions for rides in Arkansas:
    Leaving Wisconsin and heading for Wingding in Springfield,Mo.
    On to LaMonster to see what money can buy.
    Then hit the Arkansas Pigtail.........can anyone suggest any must do rides in the area? I’ll probably want to head east from there to loop back up to Wisconsin.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I don't have extensive experience on the roads in Arkansas but I did ride the Pig Trail a few years back. For that road, I stayed in Branson. The next morning I took 65 South to 86 West which is just a couple miles north of the Arkansas border. Take 86 west until you come to a small crossroads called Eagle Rock. Go south on P which will become 23 once you cross into Arkansas. You will experience scenic sweeping curves through farmland as you head south. You will also pass through Eureka Springs which is a wonderful small town to visit when you have time. Highway 23 will take you all the way down to the Pig Trail which will be a relatively short section of your day's ride. Continue on south you will cross under Interstate 40 and end up in a small town called Ozark. Stop there for lunch in a BBQ joint. I can't remember the name but it sits about a block from the Arkansas river. The fastest way back to Branson was reversing course and following 23 North a ways so you get a second run on the Pig Trail. There is a camping/RV resort on or near the Pig Trail where you can stop and get memorabilia from your trip.

Spyder Garage

I rode portions of this route. It was really nice ..
    https://ridermagazine.com/2020/04/16...natural-state/

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be advised that some counties down there are dry, so you may not be able to have beer with your BBQ. BBQ without some dark ale
    is just not the same. Good, but not great.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Be advised that some counties down there are dry, so you may not be able to have beer with your BBQ. BBQ without some dark ale
    Yup .. We made sure we made our evening stays in wet counties

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Me like BBQ!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I rode portions of this route. It was really nice ..
    https://ridermagazine.com/2020/04/16...natural-state/
    Excellent information, thank you!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Contact me if you would like to do a one day ride. I got some very nice roads and can give you a one day ride that covers it all. Steep roads, twisties, great scenery.

My selection covers the best of many of the posted rides in the AR Motorcycle Roads book.

I live in Valley Springs, just outside of Harrison. The roads are within a 100 mile radius of home base.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-20-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Weave in the Ozarks on the way east. Also look at Natchez Trace Parkway. If you go far enough east, be sure the do the Cherahola Skyway.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I'm in Oklahoma but have ridden the roads and backroads of Arkansas for years. Here are some of the best: https://www.exploreharrison.com/pages/motorcycling/
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Suggestions for rides in Arkansas:
    Leaving Wisconsin and heading for Wingding in Springfield,Mo.
    On to LaMonster to see what money can buy.
    Then hit the Arkansas Pigtail.........can anyone suggest any must do rides in the area? I’ll probably want to head east from there to loop back up to Wisconsin.
    Google map - Peel's Ferry .... some of the best riding I've ever done was in that area ( north & west of that area ) ..... Mark Twain forest is fantastic ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OK-DZ9R View Post
    I'm in Oklahoma but have ridden the roads and backroads of Arkansas for years. Here are some of the best: https://www.exploreharrison.com/pages/motorcycling/
    I ordered the motorcycle map listed,thanks.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Google map - Peel's Ferry .... some of the best riding I've ever done was in that area ( north & west of that area ) ..... Mark Twain forest is fantastic ...... Mike
    Hmmmm..... I’ll research that area , thanks.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I live in the Ozarks just north of state line and Bentonville, AR in Missouri. The list of good riding is long - From the north at Eureka Springs on Hwy 23 to the Pig Trail all the way to Ozark, AR on the Arkansas River. A bit to the east is a town called Altus in wine country. Many good wineries in the area to tour and taste. Off the Pig Trail on 215 just before Cass and past Byrds campground is a very tiny community of Oark. The Oark cafe is a must stop in the area - good burgers an The.Best.Pie. Eureka Springs is a must town to see. The list could go on for days.
    Though the rally was cancelled this year, Bikes, Blues and BBQ has a website with some good mapped rides: https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/ride-maps/

Here is a most excellent site for riding in the area: http://www.cruisetheozarks.com/ridemaps/

If you have time and a GPS (not just a phone, some places in the Ozarks have no service) our favorite thing to do is pick a direction and go. See an interesting road? Take it. Then another, and another. After you are well and truly lost for a while and have seen sights and maybe stopped at a unique Mom & Pop eatery, just enter the place you are staying in the GPS and it will get you there. We did this once in the summer, ran almost 2 tanks of gas through the trike, budgeted 2 hours to get back to home, got completely lost, hit the "Home" button on the GPS and found we were only 2 miles from our house. Fun rides.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OK-DZ9R View Post
    Thanks, I’ve ordered the map.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    I live in the Ozarks just north of state line and Bentonville in Missouri. The list of good riding is long - From the north at Eureka Springs on Hwy 23 to the Pig Trail all the way to Ozark, AR on the Arkansas River. A bit to the east is a town called Altus in wine country. Many good wineries in the area to tour and taste. Off the Pig Trail on 215 just before Cass and past Byrds campground is a very tiny community of Oark. The Oark cafe is a must stop in the area - good burgers an The.Best.Pie. Eureka Springs is a must town to see. The list could go on for days.
    Though the rally was cancelled this year, Bikes, Blues and BBQ has a website with some good mapped rides: https://bikesbluesandbbq.org/ride-maps/

Here is a most excellent site for riding in the area: http://www.cruisetheozarks.com/ridemaps/

If you have time and a GPS (not just a phone, some places in the Ozarks have no service) our favorite thing to do is pick a direction and go. See an interesting road? Take it. Then another, and another. After you are well and truly lost for a while and have seen sights and maybe stopped at a unique Mom & Pop eatery, just enter the place you are staying in the GPS and it will get you there. We did this once in the summer, ran almost 2 tanks of gas through the trike, budgeted 2 hours to get back to home, got completely lost, hit the "Home" button on the GPS and found we were only 2 miles from our house. Fun rides.
    Awesome information which I will use!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a folder that I save all the interesting info that I find on Spyder Lovers. It's getting filled with all the information in this thread. Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

There will be a Spyder rally in Hot Springs on June 10-12. Spyderpops and Lamonster will be there as well as many other venders. It was just announced so not much details have been posted yet. https://www.facebook.com/10223645853...3836657375426/
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Bikerchris,
    Arkansas provides some of the best riding in our nation. Bikers of all kinds come here and spend multiple days riding the north and northwest portions of our state. Those of us who live here, consider ourselves very blessed to have incredible these motorcycle roads, awesome/unique small towns here in our relative backyards. This is a big area for street motorcycling, and dirt riders (The TAT goes from NC to Colorado, and runs across our state, so you’ll see a lot of adventure bikes in the OZarks. The Ozarks are filled with twisties, sweepers, vast views (The Arkansas Grand Canyon), wildlife (including elk), various interesting towns and characters. The list goes on and on.
    I can put you a loop ride together, but just know, you’ll be scratching the surface.
    Big Lenny

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are from Austin, TX and we moved here to Arkansas (Hot Springs Village) 4 yrs ago and love it. Why did we move here? I have made a few trips to "The Hub" close to Harrison, AR with my wife (she rides her own Spyder) and we just loved the roads here.........so, we sold out house and move to Arkansas (with no friends or family here!). Now we have more friends (all are motorcycle riders, mostly GWs) than we could ever imagine. We are members of the GWRRA local Hot Springs chapter (no, we don't own a GW or Honda, but they tall all brands) and we are both officers in that chapter (120 members in our chapter), and we members of the USSR-Central Arkansas out of LIttle Rock. Yes, we moved here for the motorcycle riding, are happy and proud to be in and live in Arkansas (and we still ride every week, just have to bundle up sometimes!). The Ozarks are a great riding area and you will love it! Take ARtraveler up on his offer, he's a good guy and will show you some great rides!

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juice View Post
    My wife and I are from Austin, TX and we moved here to Arkansas (Hot Springs Village) 4 yrs ago and love it. Why did we move here? I have made a few trips to "The Hub" close to Harrison, AR with my wife (she rides her own Spyder) and we just loved the roads here.........so, we sold out house and move to Arkansas (with no friends or family here!). Now we have more friends (all are motorcycle riders, mostly GWs) than we could ever imagine. We are members of the GWRRA local Hot Springs chapter (no, we don't own a GW or Honda, but they tall all brands) and we are both officers in that chapter (120 members in our chapter), and we members of the USSR-Central Arkansas out of LIttle Rock. Yes, we moved here for the motorcycle riding, are happy and proud to be in and live in Arkansas (and we still ride every week, just have to bundle up sometimes!). The Ozarks are a great riding area and you will love it! Take ARtraveler up on his offer, he's a good guy and will show you some great rides!
    Well, I hope to discover the area in a few months. I have a Goldwing, and enjoy riding it,but, last year bought a new Spyder.....and we enjoyed discovering America last year on it. Looking forward to a better experience this year! Be safe!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out MO125/Peels Ferry/AR125 between MO14 and AR14 (like Mike said). Also MO19 between AR border to Salem, MO; MO19 goes through Cuba to Herman (home to the oldest, continuously operating winery in the US).
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I have already purchased them.....thanks.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Well, I hope to discover the area in a few months. I have a Goldwing, and enjoy riding it,but, last year bought a new Spyder.....and we enjoyed discovering America last year on it. Looking forward to a better experience this year! Be safe!
    There will be several of us at WingDing this year, so look for a few Spyders riding around with the GWs, it might be us! There should be at least 4 Spyders or more at WD along with the GWs from our chapter. Stay safe and wave!

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)