Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a Route Tracker App

For years, I've used a $5-ish app called Route Tracker that did simple GPS tracking and was able to be shared with my wife just by sending her a link once I started my ride. I could easily look back on old rides on a Google Map, and it had no monthly fee. All good things must come to an end, and this one did as well.

Rever is great for planning riding, but there is no sharable live tracking option that I am aware of. I'd love to find another simple iPhone app to just track my rides in the background and be able to keep my wife updated on where I am and where I've been on a simple map.

I'd like to avoid a monthly fee, and just pay this once, if possible.

Any thoughts?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Active Member threewheelcurious's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try the Detecht app!
    2019 600 ACE , Yellow

Spyder Garage

try GLIMPSE or WAZE...
    WAZE has a MOTORCYCLE route which is really nice...
    Dan P

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was going to suggest the app I use, but alas, it's not on the Play store anymore, but on another site. Also, it's not available for iOS. But, what I can tell you is, if Apple store is anything like Google Play store you should be able to find dozens of tracking apps. Some of them are probably really good. So, search the Apple store. You should be able to find a decent app there for not much money.

If you don't find a good app from Apple consider getting a good used cheap Android phone. You can do uploads, etc., without having to pay for cell service by using WiFi, or even transferring files to your iPhone via Bluetooth and upload them from it. There are dozens of tracking apps for free or less than $5 on the Play Store.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    try GLIMPSE or WAZE...
    WAZE has a MOTORCYCLE route which is really nice...
    Dan P
    It was something like Glimpse I was looking for, thank you. Waze is great, but a very different thing.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I was going to suggest the app I use, but alas, it's not on the Play store anymore, but on another site. Also, it's not available for iOS. But, what I can tell you is, if Apple store is anything like Google Play store you should be able to find dozens of tracking apps. Some of them are probably really good. So, search the Apple store. You should be able to find a decent app there for not much money.

If you don't find a good app from Apple consider getting a good used cheap Android phone. You can do uploads, etc., without having to pay for cell service by using WiFi, or even transferring files to your iPhone via Bluetooth and upload them from it. There are dozens of tracking apps for free or less than $5 on the Play Store.
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I posted this in hopes of finding people with experience with apps, rather than trying a bunch out. I think I'll stick with my iPhone as well.