Spyder Garage

Default The wait is soon over..............

received a call from the sales person at the dealership yesterday informing me that they will soon have my 2021 RT limited at the store. I asked if they could have there senior most mechanic " his name is Carlos" to do the prep work as I remember from many years ago that this could prevent many issues with the new ride. However I rarely see on this forum people complaining about there initial set up causing a problem.

I have a test ride planned for tomorrow Saturday, to help familiarize myself with the new features. Also receive a $500 coupon and if I trade an extra $1000

crossing fingers that what the General sales manager said before holds true, time will tell, but now the anticipation is killing me.

this was my post from march 5th 2020.....then the pandemic came and my spyder never shipped

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...my-impressions
    Last edited by TicketBait; 02-19-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: removed oops comment

Spyder Garage

I am sure that you are really going to like it. The 20/21 versions of the RTL are great to look at, and they have been tweeked enough that they are slightly different than the pre-2020 RT's.

We just sent our 2014 RT-S down the road to trade in land and are now driving 19 and 20 F3L's.

Not quite as plush as what you got, but pleased anyway.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

So happy to hear that. They assemble all of the Spyders as a central facility (I ended up getting mine from Del Amo and went with the red/black 2020 and love it).
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Sweet!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    So happy to hear that. They assemble all of the Spyders as a central facility (I ended up getting mine from Del Amo and went with the red/black 2020 and love it).
    Hey Mark, we will have to ride together now that I will have one that can keep up with you. Reaching out to Lou at Pirate Powersports to have the swayer installed, should receive sometime the first week of March.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Hey Mark, we will have to ride together now that I will have one that can keep up with you. Reaching out to Lou at Pirate Powersports to have the swayer installed, should receive sometime the first week of March.
    I hate to break it to you, but there really isn't more speed, but it does feel peppier. My throttle commander also helped with that, and was an easy self install. Once you use Lou, you'll never do anything except warranty work at a dealership again.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I'm considering a 2021 or 2022 RT purchase. MSRP of the 2021 RT, RTL and S2S respectively is 23,300, 27,300 and 29,800. What is a reasonable price to begin bargaining? I know there are a lot of variables to this and that one can sometimes bargain on shipping, set up, options, etc.

Basic question is, do these machines normally sell at retail plus any options or do most of you successfully bargain to a lower price? Is iMotors usually cheaper? I would prefer to stay with my local dealer and would not nickel and dime a few hundred dollars as they are a good dealer but just trying to get an idea of where to start if I purchased.

Spyder Garage

Milryder,

What I would do is once I pick the trim level I want get a price out the door from your dealer and a price from IMotors. If IMotors is less go back to your dealer and tell them you would prefer to buy from them, but they need to match price, or add accessories that you want to make it close.
    For our 2014 RT I got a better price than my dealer offered so I went back to my dealer and with a list of accessories using msrp pricing that matched the difference and told him that if he adds them to the deal I would buy from him.
    Since the dealer pays around 40% less than msrp he agreed. We both won - less out of pocket for the dealer and the accessories I wanted from the dealer I wanted to buy from.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks, that makes sense. Knowing what the dealer has in it helps. One can make an offer knowing its not ridiculous based on comparisons. I like to use percentages such as -10% under MSRP and then carry that through on options/accessories and then negotiate further on shipping and setup. 10% off the RT would be $20,970 and plus same on options. Not sure that is a good or bad offer but your point with iMotors is good as I did have them in mind.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    I'm considering a 2021 or 2022 RT purchase. MSRP of the 2021 RT, RTL and S2S respectively is 23,300, 27,300 and 29,800. What is a reasonable price to begin bargaining? I know there are a lot of variables to this and that one can sometimes bargain on shipping, set up, options, etc.

Basic question is, do these machines normally sell at retail plus any options or do most of you successfully bargain to a lower price? Is iMotors usually cheaper? I would prefer to stay with my local dealer and would not nickel and dime a few hundred dollars as they are a good dealer but just trying to get an idea of where to start if I purchased.
    2020 and 2021 are the same (except for the 2021 lates but there still weren't many differences). I doubt you'll ever find an S2S below MSRP. Search the forum. There are a few threads re: the differences between the base model and the Limited. Visit the stealer and look at each but.....know before you go. The more informed you are before getting to the stealer, the better chance you have of getting any discount/deal. Sometimes, the best "deal" isn't necessarily on the price of the bike but on extras you can try to get thrown in (i.e. extended warranty, accessories, free 1st service, labor on accessories, etc). For example, I bought a 2021 base a few months ago. I couldn't get them to come down on the price of the bike but I was able to get a sizable discount on some accessories, etc that I was planning on buying anyway.

Spyder Garage

I've certainly become well informed by reading this forum and BRP info the past 6 months. Probably looking at RT base with some options when the time comes. Test ride when the weather warms up. The Admiral won't be a passenger that often and can still ride 2 up on occasion. Wouldn't rule out any of the models though.