Spyder Garage

Default Screeching fuel tank!!! Where is the vent?

I've been hearing this embarrassing high-pitched screeching sound. I thought it was, maybe, a bearing in one of the cooling fans. It would continue for about 30 seconds after I turned off the engine. It was in the 90's today, here in Florida, and when I parked, I got down and tried to hear where the noise was coming from. I was down near the cooling fans, but no sound. As I was getting up, the noise got louder, and I realized it was coming from the area of the fuel tank! I opened the fuel cap, and there was a little pop, and the noise stopped. It's pressure from the fuel tank! I knew where the vent hose was on my Gold Wing, but I have no idea where the vent is on my F3t. Can anyone help, with some advice?
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carsong View Post
    I've been hearing this embarrassing high-pitched screeching sound. I thought it was, maybe, a bearing in one of the cooling fans. It would continue for about 30 seconds after I turned off the engine. It was in the 90's today, here in Florida, and when I parked, I got down and tried to hear where the noise was coming from. I was down near the cooling fans, but no sound. As I was getting up, the noise got louder, and I realized it was coming from the area of the fuel tank! I opened the fuel cap, and there was a little pop, and the noise stopped. It's pressure from the fuel tank! I knew where the vent hose was on my Gold Wing, but I have no idea where the vent is on my F3t. Can anyone help, with some advice?
    Carbon Canister is mounted behind left side panel at knee position......trace hoses from there.....canister purge valve may be hanging up( possible cause)....should be open with engine off to allow fuel vapors to enter canister. You can exercise it using BUDS......to check operation.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Buds???
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t

Spyder Garage

BUDS is a piece of computer software (Windows).
    Located under a panel in the front after you open the frunk is a connector used to connect the computer (usually a laptop) to the Spyder. Officially, you cannot buy it, only the dealers have access to it. However, it seems lots of people have managed to get a copy.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carsong View Post
    Buds???
    BUDS & BUDS II = BRP's diagnostic system - the computer program that a dealer will plug your Spyder in to in order to properly check its operation, diagnose issues, and/or service some of the components/modules. Once your Spyder/Ryker is plugged into BUDS, the tech can do things like review any stored error codes, reset the service interval, trigger the ABS Module to pump any old brake fluid held in there out & replace it with fresh fluid while bleeding the brakes; or they can send a 'force activate' signal triggering the purge valve to open, making sure it's able to operate as & when it should.... or not!! It's basically just another diagnostic/servicing tool the techs have which should help them keep your machine serviced & operating in top condition - but it is a proprietary product that's not readily available (but there are some a/mkt versions aroipund... ) and it's not really cheap, so it's also another way BRP can try to force you to pay their (exorbitant?!? ) dealer service charges & thereby improve their profitability!

Help any?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

BUDS! I thought I'd have to become a Navy Seal. Not sure I would be up to it, at my age!

Thanks for the explanation.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t

Spyder Garage

BUDS is the software and interface that BRP use, you can buy an after market interface or try and acquire BRP one like l did as per the photo and you can buy a licence with the BUDS program online as l did I have had buds and using it for 9 years.

20210219_155603.jpg