Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
    ?????
    I believe Mike is concerned that the Spyder could tip forward or back if only sitting on that central lift, Wilco. If I want to do some wrench work while mine is on a similar lift, I use jack stands under the front and one at the rear, just in case..... and OK-DZ probably does that, but it isn’t shown in the photo

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I believe Mike is concerned that the Spyder could tip forward or back if only sitting on that central lift, Wilco. If I want to do some wrench work while mine is on a similar lift, I use jack stands under the front and one at the rear, just in case..... and OK-DZ probably does that, but it isn’t shown in the photo

Pete
    Correct. There were jack stands involved just not in the photo posted. As someone pointed out, the only time the Spyder needs to be lifted this high is while dropping the old bar and inserting the new one. All actual wrenching can be done while on the ground. Actually, if you look closely at the photo I posted, at the right edge of the pic you can see one of the jack stands that was used. Once I got to this point I got on with the installation and didn't stop to do more photos. I never planned to post them anyway.
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Spyder Garage

All good advice but if you re-read my post, I was not recommending a lift or using a lift without tie downs: I was merely pointing out that most of those motorcycle lifts will not work with a 2020 because of the wide floorboards.

Not sure how my short post got interpreted as suggesting anyone use a lift without straps or tie downs.

Spyder Garage

?????
    Post #21 shows a Spyder lifted horizontally. Which, even if balanced perfectly, can be a tipsy situation. Mike is just pointing this out and making a recommendation to secure the Spyder so that working on it is safer. I like to see people leave the rear wheel on the ground and lift just the front of the Spyder for a sway bar upgrade. This adds a good deal of stability to the operation. And has the added benefit of not needing to lift as high as the horizontal lift shown in post #21.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Again, my post (#22) had nothing to do with post #21!

Spyder Garage

All good advice but if you re-read my post, I was not recommending a lift or using a lift without tie downs: I was merely pointing out that most of those motorcycle lifts will not work with a 2020 because of the wide floorboards.

Not sure how my short post got interpreted as suggesting anyone use a lift without straps or tie downs.
    Wilco, no need to be concerned. NO-ONE made that claim of you. I believe you are reading waaaaay too much into Mike’s amd others replies. Mike was referring to OK-DZ’s photo. No one interpreted YOUR post as suggesting anyone use a lift without straps. Now go grab a beer, settle down in your favourite chair, and watch a game of something

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red