Hi, I have done a lot of research and would love some help. My wife and I are looking at like a 2012 RT or a 2014/2015 STS Limited. I have read about the higher revving older engine. We are used to higher revving engines, we both ride his/hers Yamaha jet skis and Yamaha snowmobiles for years. I have a bad back. I ride my snowmobile though with no issues, riding upright and feet slightly back from 90 degrees. Pretty much the same riding position as the ST. Like to use my legs as shock absorbers. We would be riding 2 up for a couple of years and then get my wife maybe RS or Ryker. So the ST looks more sporty and maybe more peppy, etc. with lighter weight and might be better long term. Just worried how comfortable it would be for 2up until wife gets her own. We wouldn't be touring, just like hour drives and I would ride it to work, etc. We are both around 190 lbs. I just worry if we got an RT and then get my wife her own ride that I would wish I got the ST then. I found a couple ST's under 10,000 miles for 13k. I found couple of RT's with around 18k miles. If got an RT should I stay under 20k miles? Would it actually be wise to buy ST or RT with over 12k miles after the big scheduled expensive maintainance I read about? I would do oil change myself. I do love the red color of 2012 RT but seems too they are more expensive/higher miles then newer STS Limited's. Not a lot of choices right now, I assume will be more in spring and I read about checking here for sales and facebook, etc.
Thanks