Spyder Garage

Default Warranty question

I have a warranty question I was not able to find addressed anywhere. I have a 2017 F3 Limited, purchased in June, 2018. When the original warranty is up will I receive notification of the expiration and possibly the choice to extend?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim

Spyder Garage

You won't receive any notification. It's up to you to track the expiration date of the factory warranty and extend it for up to a total of 5 years before it expires. You can purchase the BEST warranty from any Spyder dealer. Many people of used Bert's Megamall in Covina CA but there are others you can use online to get a good deal. Be sure to mention you're a spyderlovers.com member.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

If your Spyder was originally put in service the day you bought it in 2018 the original 2-year factory warranty has expired UNLESS the dealership used some BRP method to give you another year right out of the blocks. The only way to extend BRP warranty coverage is through the company's B.E.S.T. extended warranty that gives an owner a total of five years of warranty coverage. An owner has the opportunity to purchase a B.E.S.T. extended warranty any time from the date of Spyder purchase to the day the original factory warranty expires. Once the original factory warranty has expired you are out of luck with a B.E.S.T. extended warranty at which point your only option is a third party warranty, many of which are a rip off. You must check with your dealership and/or BRP via your VIN to determine when your Spyder was first put in service.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Another good place for Best is iMotorsports. Ask for Tom Palmer. $671 or so for three years.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

B.E.S.T. offers 12-, 24-, or 36-month coverage beyond the manufacturer’s limited warranty on most BRP vehicles, You can extend the warranty right up until the vehicle’s limited warranty expires.

Most items are covered except: NOTE: Accessories, normal wear, and maintenance items such as tires, batteries, bulbs, filters, and lubricants.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-23-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: until ;-/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure it gets extended before the factory one expires or you will not be able to extend it .

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Best warranty

Just curious as to when your Warranty expires.

As others have stated 'Your Factory Warranty' must be active or Not Expired to purchase extra BEST WARRANTY.

Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Make sure it gets extended before the factory one expires or you will not be able to extend it .
    And, to add to that, mine came with four years (two years of BEST) and when I tried to extend around the 3.5 year mark, it wasn't possible with anybody at all. No matter who you use, you have no more than factory two year warranty to make an extension.

I would have had covered repairs that would have at least paid for the warranty, and likely beyond that.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    And, to add to that, mine came with four years (two years of BEST) and when I tried to extend around the 3.5 year mark, it wasn't possible with anybody at all. No matter who you use, you have no more than factory two year warranty to make an extension.

I would have had covered repairs that would have at least paid for the warranty, and likely beyond that.
    I thought it could be extended to 5 years total? I know I extended mine around the 3 year mark or before to give me 5 years..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I thought it could be extended to 5 years total? I know I extended mine around the 3 year mark or before to give me 5 years..
    When I tried, and I tried hard, it was made very clear to me that you can only extend under the original two year manufacturer's warranty, not the BEST warranty, which is an extended warranty.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Not sure about spyder but that is the case with skidoo. Skidoo only has 1 year warranty. If you spring order and get an extra year free and take the reabate instead of warranty the 2nd and 3rd year is already considered extended you can’t get the fourth again unless it’s bought the first year. Once you buy one extended you can’t buy another. I bought 3 extra when I bought my spyder so I’m not sure but MRH is correct when dealing with skidoo.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Another good place for Best is iMotorsports. Ask for Tom Palmer. $671 or so for three years.
    i did some checking around and IMotorsports may have the best pricing on the BEST extended warranty.. My dealer was higher but when I showed him what IMotorsports was quoting he matched their pricing.. didn't realize these extended warranties are a such a profit center for the dealerships???
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post

My understanding is 5 years total is the max on the warranties.. I got the standard 2 year warranty plus a special extra 1 year BEST when I bought my Spyder. Now the max I can get is another 2 years per my dealer..
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A 5 year warranty on anything powersports is pretty good. You don't even get that on a cage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    i did some checking around and IMotorsports may have the best pricing on the BEST extended warranty.. My dealer was higher but when I showed him what IMotorsports was quoting he matched their pricing.. didn't realize these extended warranties are a such a profit center for the dealerships???
    BIG F
    Generally speaking, extended warranties are a revenue generator for the dealerships, of any kind.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I have a warranty question I was not able to find addressed anywhere. I have a 2017 F3 Limited, purchased in June, 2018. When the original warranty is up will I receive notification of the expiration and possibly the choice to extend?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    When I purchased my Ryker in June, I sent an email to BRP with the VIN and asked if they could tell me when my warranty was due to expire. They responded it was up next month. Needless to say I didn't waste any time getting the 3 year BEST extended warranty. Purchased through iMotoror Sports, I believe I paid $621.00.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited