Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Found - a New Best tire .... not the Q-5

Hi, I was checking tires for another member here and came across the Michelin " Cross Climate + " tire. Tire rack did some testing and it's rating was off-the-charts impressive. ( ie Better than the Q-5's )Tirerack only has a small selection in sizes for this model ( it's new ) so I went to Michelin's tire web site .... un-fortunately they will only give you info based on the EXACT tire Size & Model ( un-like Vredestein ) ...... that you ask about...... check out the Tirerack ratings for yourself ... their 16" size might fit the Ryker REAR ....... good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike,
    To bad they don't make them in 15" sizes!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Mike,
    To bad they don't make them in 15" sizes!
    Well TireRack does have 195/60-15 ...... but that doesn't mean Michelin doesn't make a larger size, as I said above the Michelin web site isn't user friendly ( see post #4 - click link for sizes ) ..... Over at the Vredestein site is you ask about Q-5's in say 15 or 14 inch dia. they will show you every size for that model in whatever dia. you want . ............ Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cross Climate Plus.JPG

I like the looks of it also

Here is a link to a size chart
    https://tiresize.com/tires/Michelin/...imate-Plus.htm
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Remind me what size we need for the front of the RT, please.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Remind me what size we need for the front of the RT, please.
    From 2013 + .... 165/60-15 ..... 2010 + + 14 inch wheels ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Cross Climate Plus.JPG

I like the looks of it also

Here is a link to a size chart
    https://tiresize.com/tires/Michelin/...imate-Plus.htm
    Thanks for finding and posting that chart ... ................. It looks like they ONLY make one size in 15 inch ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe we should send them a bunch of emails asking for them to make that tire in our size.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Maybe we should send them a bunch of emails asking for them to make that tire in our size.
    It would be nice if they might actually do that .... but I doubt it .... Spyder tire sizes are becoming obsolete today .... there are quite a few REALLY sweet tires out there but not in our sizes .... luckily Vredestein has them ..... but they are geared to the European market ( and few sellers are in the U.S. ) where smaller cars having smaller tires are the dominate vehicles compared to the US market ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I just read an article saying that Michelin has increased the production of this tire to 50 sizes, but the sizes are not listed anywhere that I can find.
    I am making a call to a tire wholesaler her to see what I can find out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I just read an article saying that Michelin has increased the production of this tire to 50 sizes, but the sizes are not listed anywhere that I can find.
    I am making a call to a tire wholesaler her to see what I can find out.
    ...... If we can get sizes that will fit the Spyders that would change my " BEST Spyder tire " recommendation ...... the Q-5 is close but when I use the term " BEST " it should be the best available - Period ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Bummer, only one 15" tire made that I can find out about.I reread the article, see in red below.

Michelin North America Inc. has more than doubled the number of sizes available in the CrossClimate2 tire. The additional sizes mean the tire covers more than two-thirds of the most popular cars and crossovers in North America.

The tire launched with 25 sizes in 2020, and is now available in 55 sizes for wheels from 16 inches to 20 inches.

Spyder Garage

https://www.autobanden-365.nl/Michel...us.html#15inch

Follow this link, these are all the sizes available, atleast in the netherlands they are, They sure look good, and the reviews are also good
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

WOW !!!!!....In the 15 inch size the first two would be fine for the front and the last two would be good for the rear ..... it's interesting that none of those sizes are LISTED by Michelin on their website here in the U.S. ...... they have better ratings than even the Vredestein Q-5's, which are really good ..... thanks for the info ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm currently running a slightly different Ozzie version Michelin on the rear of my Spyder (205/65R15 ) and it IS VERY good in all respects, especially in our conditions & when run at an appropriate pressure for the load/temps! (I'm currently running 16-18 psi )

It's so good that I'm seriously looking at fitting the 175/60R15's Michelins up front when I next buy tires for that end.... altho if the current tires keep on wearing & working as well as they have been to date, that might be a little while - the current tires have only done 15,000-ish kms so far, and at their current wear rates, they look like they'll easily last better than 65,000 km, so I might not need new fronts until maybe the end of this summer....

Even given the (potential) differences in the tire tread compounds you lot get over there & those we get here in Oz, these Michelins are a seriously capable tire that should last & work well for many! Be interested to hear how they go if anyone does try them over there.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi, I was checking tires for another member here and came across the Michelin " Cross Climate + " tire. Tire rack did some testing and it's rating was off-the-charts impressive. ( ie Better than the Q-5's )Tirerack only has a small selection in sizes for this model ( it's new ) so I went to Michelin's tire web site .... un-fortunately they will only give you info based on the EXACT tire Size & Model ( un-like Vredestein ) ...... that you ask about...... check out the Tirerack ratings for yourself ... their 16" size might fit the Ryker REAR ....... good luck ..... Mike
    Not a Spyder, but we just put these tires on our Lincoln MKX. They have proven to be an amazing tire in rain and the snow.
    To be continued....