Spyder Garage

Default USB power in extra mount hole - where did you run yours from?

I have seen some posts on installing a dual USB charging port. First I will have used the extra switch mount hole on my 2020 RTL for Lamonster for lights so I will have to find somewhere to put it. My question is where did people run power from?

Spyder Garage

Do not know if this will work, but it did on my F3 handlebars.Lamonster Mount 2.0 with Dual Power Plates
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

I like to keep it simple and low cost when possible. I bought a dual USB outlet that fits the power plug in the trunk. It fits almost flush as in the middle picture. I then cut a small notch in the plastic at the top of the trunk to run either one or two USB cables through. I currently have just one 10' installed with it run tucked in along the padding of the trunk down and under the seat then back up and wrapped around the handlebars so I can use it to plug in either a phone, GPS or camera battery charger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    I have seen some posts on installing a dual USB charging port. First I will have used the extra switch mount hole on my 2020 RTL for Lamonster for lights so I will have to find somewhere to put it. My question is where did people run power from?
    On All my Spyders I added a Separate fuse block that was connected to the Battery .... to keep that juice out of the Can-Bus system ...... good luck ....Mike

Spyder Garage

I simply bought a 12v dual USB plug from Amazon. I then cut about a 2" piece of 1/8" thick x 1" wide aluminum flat stock, drilled a couple holes for zip ties and painted black. I routed the connection to the accessory wire under the left tupperware.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I put a USB splitter in my 2021 glove box and run power to my phone and GoPro camera at the same time. Here's the link. https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Adap...%2C163&sr=1-13
    Last edited by Valkrocket; 02-16-2021 at 06:08 AM. Reason: misprint
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

thanks guys some good ideas to ponder. I appreciate the help

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    On All my Spyders I added a Separate fuse block that was connected to the Battery .... to keep that juice out of the Can-Bus system ...... good luck ....Mike
    Good ideal to not upset the Nanny as BLUEKNIGHT said. On most of the bikes/trikes we have had in the last 15 years, I have added a fuse block attached to the battery. Here's how I did it on our 2018 RT Limited. It can go anywhere you can find the space, and I energised the solenoid from the auxiliary power point. Plus I can add extras like heated gear outlets or run non-canbus friendly lights.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...37#post1402237
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue