Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Pairing issue 2021 RTL

I have searched for posts related to troubleshooting pairing for a new bike I received yesterday but have been unable to find any. When I try to pair with the helmet (SENA SMH-05) it shows up on the bluetooth connect screen, the helmet audio says connected. The Spyder shows the connection but fails to connect when selected. I deleted the pairing several times and tried again with no luck. So, I thought I would try to pair my Galaxy S21 phone. The connection shows up on both the phone and the bike with the same connection number, after pressing OK on both the phone and bike they fail to pair. I get an error on the phone saying failed and to check settings and try again. Any ideas??

Andy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had issues with my old S10+ and with my new S21 Ultra. I had to try it multiple times with both before they would connect. Try deleting the pairing on both the bike and phone then shut off the bike for 30 seconds. Restart the bike and try again. Make sure your phone is unlocked and on the BT screen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I had issues with my old S10+ and with my new S21 Ultra. I had to try it multiple times with both before they would connect. Try deleting the pairing on both the bike and phone then shut off the bike for 30 seconds. Restart the bike and try again. Make sure your phone is unlocked and on the BT screen.
    Thanks, I tried again as you suggested. I still had a failed helmet pairing that I guess was keeping the phone from being paired. It looks like you have to pair a phone to the bike prior to pairing the helmet. So, I deleted that and then was able to pair the phone. After that I was able to successfully pair the helmet. However, I still wasn't able to make a phone call. So, I shut everything down and restarted and then it all works. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Double check for Updates On all devices software one may not like other being non current unfortunately have read too many issues about BRP connect being picky

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I ran into problems with this today as well. (I'm still new to Spyder riding, but this specifically shouldn't be so difficult)
    When I started, I was able to get everything paired up: bike, phone (iPhone XS), and helmet (Sena 10C pro). This worked for a while, until I stopped and turned the bike off for a bit. When it started back up, it would no longer pair to the helmet.
    Deleting the paring to the helmet and re-adding it, pairing the phone first to the bike, pairing phone first to the helmet, or trying to pair the helmet to the bike without the phone, and nothing would get it to cooperate again.
    I've been fighting trying to get usable maps navigation with BRP Connect, and to get Apple Music to not automatically start playing random crap every time it connects, and this didn't help the situation.

My one big accomplishment on the tech integration front today was to get it to stop auto-playing from the Music app -- I deleted all downloaded content, then had to restrict Music from being able to use cellular data so it wouldn't stream.

I'll have to see if bluetooth behaves next time I can get the bike out for a ride.
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma6 View Post
    ...BRP Connect...
    Best of luck with that.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to forum member Flamethrower, I was able to get my Sena 10C paired in this manner:

1. Pair Nav to Channel 2 on Sena
    2. Pair Bike (radio) to Channel 1 on Sena
    3. Pair phone to Nav

Have ridden several times, lots of starts and stops and everything has stayed paired. Radio plays until a turn by turn instruction from the Nav which mutes the radio until the nav is finished, then the radio starts playing again. I have placed and answered several phone calls from the Nav.

The only small issue that I have encountered is that there is a small amount of static/distortion when the turn by turn voice instruction begins each instruction. After she speaks a few words, it clears up. But it occurs on every turn by turn instruction and sometimes I cannot hear those first few words which could potentially be an issue.

I bought a Cardo Freecom over the weekend and I am going to see if it does the same thing. I am guessing that it won't (do it) and the issue is with the Sena.

Spyder Garage

There's a "BRP Connect User Group" thread on Facebook. Lots of good info. Some pretty knowledgeable people that monitor the posts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Best of luck with that.
    After all the negative posts on using BRP Connect I thought it would be best not to try using it.