Spyder Garage

Question Where is the VIN on the frame? Can Am Spyder ST Limited 2013

Hello, as a new owner of Can Am Spyder ST Limited 2013 I have problem with registration, because I do not know, where on the frame vehicle identification number is located, so engraved in metal on the frame (not a sticker) and I would be very grateful if somebody helped me and tell me the exact location of it or maybe send a photo of it. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

On the left side, look on the side of the swingarm. You might have to get on your knees and look up under. Have a flashlight, too. It'll be a sticker.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Look at pg 142 in your operator's guide; it's stamped on the lower left side of the frame inboard of the LF wheel. Although mine is on the other side it was not easy to find as the VIN is stamped on the frame and then the frame is painted. You may have to do some cleaning to find it. Pictures below, both of which are upside down from original camera orientation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JayBros; 02-22-2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Add picturea
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I too am unable to locate the stamped VIN number of my 2015 RT. Ive looked under the entire swing arm structure both sides, nothing. Any further clues or if someone has a picture of where theirs is?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iwillplay View Post
    I too am unable to locate the stamped VIN number of my 2015 RT. Ive looked under the entire swing arm structure both sides, nothing. Any further clues or if someone has a picture of where theirs is?
    On the right side of the vehicle look at where the forward upper A-arm of the suspension is bolted to the frame then lower your gaze and you will see a flat portion of a vertical frame member. The VIN should be stamped on that part of the frame and is facing directly at the RF wheel. It is on mine anyway, but is very hard to get a good camera angle to shoot a pic. Pics at post #3 too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    On the right side of the vehicle look at where the forward upper A-arm of the suspension is bolted to the frame then lower your gaze and you will see a flat portion of a vertical frame member. The VIN should be stamped on that part of the frame and is facing directly at the RF wheel. It is on mine anyway, but is very hard to get a good camera angle to shoot a pic.
    Yep, I just checked Peggy's 2013 STS-SM5 and it's really easy to spot. The frame piece is flat and you can't miss it.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor