Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

My dealer, Hicklin PowerSports called me on the 16th and told me he had a S2S in. I went in on the 17th and decided to buy it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The "harmonic vibration eliminator device" is more commonly known as a belt tensioner. The designs vary but the OEM belt tensioner is a wheel that rides on the end of a metal arm and rests on top of the drive belt. It should be about 1/2 way down the left side of the bike, if it's really there. You might be able to see if from under the bike. If not, you'd have to remove (3) pieces of tupperware then gently pull another piece of tupperware out a bit. (15) minutes worth of work but I doubt you want to risk scratching your brand new bike just to see.
    Yeah, I'm not about to start ripping the plastic off of my new toy just yet.
    I did get underneath and snapped a pic of the drive belt. It does look like something you described, that little wheel riding on top of the belt is there:
    S2S belt.jpg
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma6 View Post
    I did get underneath and snapped a pic of the drive belt. It does look like something you described, that little wheel riding on top of the belt is there:
    Well I guess that question is answered. Thanks.

Looks like the stock part. You might want to set up an inspection schedule of periodically checking the bearing. You should be able to reach under it now that you know where it is, lift the roller arm and rotate the roller. When they start to go I would replace them with the upgraded roller and bearings from Lamonster.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I get to pick my S2S up on Saturday (02/27/2021). Can't wait. I am a little disappointed that the adjustable handlebars and LED floorboard are not standard. The video is a bit misleading in my opinion.
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Congratulations, I got a call on Friday, dealer said mine just arrived... EEEEHa!!

Spyder Garage

That is very..... DISAPPOINTING !!! I Thought from the Advertising VIDEOS the STS had those built into it.... Most Upset!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dag62 View Post
    I get to pick my S2S up on Saturday (02/27/2021). Can't wait. I am a little disappointed that the adjustable handlebars and LED floorboard are not standard. The video is a bit misleading in my opinion.
    Agreed!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dag62 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBrad View Post
    That is very..... DISAPPOINTING !!! I Thought from the Advertising VIDEOS the STS had those built into it.... Most Upset!!!
    That video is a bit misleading. They probably should have had separate videos for the S2S and the new (not included) accessories. I wonder how many pre-ordered an S2S thinking that all of those accessories mentioned in the video were standard on that trim level.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    That video is a bit misleading. They probably should have had separate videos for the S2S and the new (not included) accessories. I wonder how many pre-ordered an S2S thinking that all of those accessories mentioned in the video were standard on that trim level.
    Hate to say it guys but I thought the video was pretty plain if you listened to it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agree Monk, BRP will probably sell some S2S with buyer's blindly thinking they will get the 'options' free, and then after the sale, those options will be a surprise add on price.

Spyder Garage

The dealer i purchased my spyder from in Mass just got 4 of these in stock for sale.

Spyder Garage

I picked up my S2S last Saturday. It was the first one my dealer has received. I love it!

2021-02-20_16-52-05_170 (2).jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

I'm scared to go look at one, or at least my checkbook is.

Spyder Garage

It seems that everyone who hears about and looks at, Buys it I bought mine from youtube videos and looking and reading online My is being shipped on Feb 28th. My understanding is that this is a special edition version and will only run for a year.. Is that correct? Any body hear that before??
    Thanks and Congrats to all those new Spyder owners out! Be safe and stay healthy!
    2021 RT S2S , Highland Green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JozwiakM View Post
    My understanding is that this is a special edition version and will only run for a year.. Is that correct? Any body hear that before??
    That's the general rumor.

I was at the local stealer yesterday for my 3k mile service on my 2021 RT base. Dealer has at least (2) S2S's. They had one on the sales floor and another that had just been assembled. I shot a video of the S2S. I'll clean it up and post it this week. I dislike the color (paint, wheel color, emblems/trim) even more in person. I meant to sit on the seat so I could get an idea what a Comfort seat feels like but totally forgot.

Spyder Garage

It will be a limited "special edition" UNLESS it turns out to be a great seller....THEN they may carry it over....OR, they may change out the color so that people will jump to the "latest & greatest."

I don't do that anymore. I am back to getting brand new, one year old versions. Tried, true, and easier to deal on in most cases....plus I have received BRP rebates of $1,000 and $2,000 off the deals.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It was posted in one of the BRP rollout videos that it was in production for one year only.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    ...brand new, one year old versions. Tried, true, and easier to deal on in most cases....plus I have received BRP rebates of $1,000 and $2,000 off the deals.
    Yup. Assuming I buy another RT, it will be the 2nd year of the next generation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma6 View Post
    S2S belt.jpg
    I think you need to have your dealer adjust the alignment of the tensioner, as it appears that the factory did not align it correctly.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

New guy here. Traded my 2014 Spyder RTS SM6 for the new 2021 Sea to Sky last week.
    Took her on a shakedown cruise yesterday and she performed flawlessly. 20210227_150142.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tikipilot View Post
    New guy here. Traded my 2014 Spyder RTS SM6 for the new 2021 Sea to Sky last week.
    Took her on a shakedown cruise yesterday and she performed flawlessly. 20210227_150142.jpg
    From what I am seeing on site, BRP has created a winner.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Here is the latest update about the S2S, one of the can-am dealerships in Vermont, has 1 in there show room.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Virgil Naff in Lynchburg, VA showing 2 STS in stock.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

There were two of them on the floor at RideNow Powersports in Concord NC yesterday when we were there. They also had a gorgeous "Glacial Blue" F3T sitting smack between them. Would like to have seen the F3 as a Limited...
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red