Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Did you get a look at it yet?

Spyder Garage

Did you get your STS yet???

Spyder Garage

My thoughts were....You probably won't see yourself coming down the road !!!!

Spyder Garage

Right ON!!!

Spyder Garage

Exactly..... RIGHT ON!!! Red.. Blue.. Grey or White ... 2 years in a row ... Come On!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I do believe that adjustable bars are optional, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Adjustable height handle bars are standard on the S2S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkV1REmRq6Y
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post

Watch the video again at 4:11

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post

Unfortunately, it's NOT standard on the S2S. It's an accessory you can add to any 2020+ RT (base, Limited or S2S). It's at 4:07 in the video.

Spyder Garage

One of my local can am dealerships says about the S2S call for availability.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Unfortunately, it's NOT standard on the S2S. It's an accessory you can add to any 2020+ RT (base, Limited or S2S). It's at 4:07 in the video.
    I can confirm that it is not standard. I just went out to the garage and took a look at mine, plain stock non-adjustable handlebars.
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

I watched the video and noticed Shawn said the S2S was the only Spyder to come from the factory with a harmonic vibration eliminator device (I think he called it an idler arm). That's news to me. I had no idea. That's worth a few hundred bucks assuming someone would pay a shop to install one (as I did). I still don't like the color. To each, their own, I guess. I like the wheels if they came in black. I'm pretty sure that's a Comfort seat with some fancy stitching.

So, let's go through this again.

1) Stock harmonic vibration eliminator device (+$300 incl labor)
    2) Comfort seat (+$900 which can be installed by a drunk 10 year old)
    3) Painted top case lid (+$300 incl labor)
    4) Comes with rear cover (+$150)
    5) Cool wheels (+$600...cost of most aftermarket wheels)
    6) Extra badging (+$0)
    7) Vomit colored paint (+$0)

We're up to $2250 in add'l "stuff" on the S2S. The S2S is about $2500 more than a Limited. I guess my opinion has slightly changed. I still can't stand the paint color and wouldn't buy one just because of that but if you were to add a harmonic vibration eliminator device, Comfort seat and rear cover, add aftermarket wheels and have the top case lid painted to match (which it should be on the Limiteds), you'd come up with almost the same price. I guess the price isn't as bad as I originally thought.

Now, if they would do all that to a Limited (including the same wheels in black), I'd seriously consider one.
    I'm not sure what to look for to check for the "harmonic vibration eliminator device" to confirm if it's there or not. If it's easy to see, I can try to get a picture to confirm.
    The Front Signature Light that someone else mentioned seems to be common to all RT-Limited models (at least according to the Can-Am brochure that I have).
    The Sea-to-Sky also gets the Semi-Rigid Rear Side Cargo Travel Bags (+$255)
    and the Semi-Rigid Front Cargo Travel Bag (+$225), all with special S2S markings.
    And I think you mean awesome color paint

I watched that youtube link, and mine definitely did not come with top-case bags. I suspect the side cargo bags were stuffed in the top-case when it was delivered, and as he wasn't going to use them he didn't check too closely on that. I may have to check to see if I can fit both side cargo bags in the top case to see if that's plausible.
    2021 RT Sea-to-Sky , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Watch the video again at 4:11
    Yep, you are correct. My bad. 299 and change.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma6 View Post
    I'm not sure what to look for to check for the "harmonic vibration eliminator device" to confirm if it's there or not. If it's easy to see, I can try to get a picture to confirm.
    The Front Signature Light that someone else mentioned seems to be common to all RT-Limited models (at least according to the Can-Am brochure that I have).
    The Sea-to-Sky also gets the Semi-Rigid Rear Side Cargo Travel Bags (+$255)
    and the Semi-Rigid Front Cargo Travel Bag (+$225), all with special S2S markings.
    And I think you mean awesome color paint
    The "harmonic vibration eliminator device" is more commonly known as a belt tensioner. The designs vary but the OEM belt tensioner is a wheel that rides on the end of a metal arm and rests on top of the drive belt. It should be about 1/2 way down the left side of the bike, if it's really there. You might be able to see if from under the bike. If not, you'd have to remove (3) pieces of tupperware then gently pull another piece of tupperware out a bit. (15) minutes worth of work but I doubt you want to risk scratching your brand new bike just to see.

Don't get the Signature lights and Auxiliary light mixed up (many do). The Signature lightS are the eyebrow lights that come on all Limited and S2S trim levels. The Auxiliary light (singular) is a fog/driving light that mounts in the cutout at the very bottom (front) of the bike. It's not standard on ANY trim level but is available for ALL trims. Super simple installation and it works wonders. That was the 1st addition to my 2021 base.

I wasn't aware that the S2S came with extra bags. I guess, if those are something you would normally get anyway (and assuming the S2S really does come with a belt tensioner, standard), the additions/changes on the S2S end up being worth the cost over the Limited trim.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the color.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ShawnSmoke on his most rcent YouTube does a ride on the S2S if ya want to take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGXovXhXs4

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A guy that just joined our local group is supposed to pick up his S2S Saturday. It is his first spyder and he plans on taking back roads to get used to it. Supposed to be 42 degrees for a high, but sunny.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Bought my wife the Vespa version S2S this week....

5B629185-FB06-49B4-94CD-A18286CDFDF5.jpg

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Bought my wife the Vespa version S2S this week....

5B629185-FB06-49B4-94CD-A18286CDFDF5.jpg
    I gotta say, points are points. You can even pick up one of those little 4' tailers and take that thing along behind the spyder.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I gotta say, points are points. You can even pick up one of those little 4' tailers and take that thing along behind the spyder.
    Yep that is true. I think that Vespa brown seat looks better with that Green than the Spyder black.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Surprise, Surprise, my dealer has a second S2S in and I'm heading out to go see it. I saw Smoak's video on youtube and now I'm really intrigued as I'm a sucker for a comfortable seat!
    Spyder Stephen
    I can't be lost, I don't know where I'm going...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    A guy that just joined our local group is supposed to pick up his S2S Saturday. It is his first spyder and he plans on taking back roads to get used to it. Supposed to be 42 degrees for a high, but sunny.
    Same weather up here tomorrow (and Sunday). I'll be riding.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderStephen View Post
    Surprise, Surprise, my dealer has a second S2S in and I'm heading out to go see it. I saw Smoak's video on youtube and now I'm really intrigued as I'm a sucker for a comfortable seat!
    I sure hope you're not planning on buying the S2S just for the seat. It's just a fancier version of the Comfort seat.

Spyder Garage

Yes, they have a Sea2Sky on the floor at the Octane Outlet in Eastgate. It's in Batavia. Good looking bike

Spyder Garage

I went by Nash Power Sports in Mesa, Az a half hour ago see the S2S at the event today. Guy said they sold it and it was already gone! He also said he could order one for me. DW said no thanks!!!!

Spyder Garage

I saw the second S2S my dealer got in today. I thought it was a pale green with gold tones. Seat looks like a puff jacket but is comfortable. My dealer also said the belt tensioner is standard on 2021 RTLs. Right now he has over 60 Spyder paid orders (to include additional S2Ss) with most having arrival dates in March.
    Spyder Stephen
    I can't be lost, I don't know where I'm going...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderStephen View Post
    My dealer also said the belt tensioner is standard on 2021 RTLs.
    Don't trust everything your dealer says, even the salespeople. The salespeople get paid to sell, not to know. The dealer I bought my 2021 RT base from said the same thing. I asked him to prove it. (Hint: He couldn't. The tech told him it wasn't included in the Limited trim and we watched the assembler put one together. Guess what? No belt tensioner.) When I looked at the new gen RT for the 1st time, the salesman swore the base model had pegs instead of the new (and totally AWESOME) floorboards. Yeah, he was wrong. I told him RTs haven't had pegs since like 2013 or so.

Spyder Garage

Don't trust everything your dealer says, even the salespeople. The salespeople get paid to sell, not to know. The dealer I bought my 2021 RT base from said the same thing. I asked him to prove it. (Hint: He couldn't. The tech told him it wasn't included in the Limited trim and we watched the assembler put one together. Guess what? No belt tensioner.) When I looked at the new gen RT for the 1st time, the salesman swore the base model had pegs instead of the new (and totally AWESOME) floorboards. Yeah, he was wrong. I told him RTs haven't had pegs since like 2013 or so.
    Kind of fun when you know a bit more than the dealer. I had a bit of fun with that when I was in Alaska. They sold me five of my seven Spyders.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red